I'm thinking of liposuction but not sure what's best for me as I don't want to sleep during procedure? (Photo)

Hi im 53 years of age . I had sculpture injection around my jaw line in march 2016 and after 5 months i have a double chin plus my face features have changed so much . Im thinking of liposuction but not sure whats best for me as i dont want to sleep during procedure . Im seeing a cosmetic surgeon on the 29 th of august regarding my problem but if any one can suggest other procedures. Thank you a before and after sculpture

Liposuction after injections?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • I am sorry you have had problems with your Sulptra injections. 
  • Your photos appear to be of two different people - or taken many years apart -
  • Strange things happen but it is hard to believe that Sculptra alone caused the changes.
  • In the after photo, you clearly need a lower face and neck lift for any improvement.
  • Liposuction will make the skin looser and look worse.
  • A face and neck lift can at times be done with local anesthesia but general anesthesia will be better.
  • Today's general anesthetics are very safe and are usually the preferred way to do surgery. 
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction of neck?

When I see skin hanging on a neck, in my opinion, they are no longer a candidate for liposuction alone.  If you can imagine, removing the fat will empty the skin and probably make the skin hang even lower.  You have an excess of skin on your neck.  The only way to actually get rid of skin is to surgically remove it, either through a facelift or a necklift.  I personally do all my facial cosmetic surgeries under sedation, much like people have with colonoscopies.  My patients are able to talk or let me know if anything is bothering them, such as getting hot, or needing to move.  I believe you would be best served with a well-done facelift.  Don't let the word "facelift" scare you.   A well-done facelift should look absolutely natural.  My goal with facelifts is that your friends believe you simply look well-rested and "good".    There are techniques that use sutures to suspend the neck skin.  Those do have limited success and have their own problems.  There are new technologies that shrink the skin, either with ultrasound, or electrical current.  But skin re-stretches.Look for a good reputable plastic surgeon and ask him about ALL your options, not just the one he is pushing.

Richard R. Orr, MD
Evansville Plastic Surgeon

Lipo jawline

I'm not sure as the pix look like 2 different women, but Sculptra can last awhile. Lipo of jawline can be done under local with mild sedation. Good luck.

Robert V. Mandraccia, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction for double chin

Hi and thanks for the question and photos.  I am sorry but I have to say that the photos do not look like the same person.  The angles of the two photos are different so it may help if you send similar photographs before and after to see what is going on.  It is difficult to believe that any amount of lipofilling could increase the amount of fat by that much.  With weight gain, the injected fat, if alive, will increase in volume so if that applies to you, then it may explain what you demonstrate in the photos.

In my opinion, liposculpture/liposuction cannot improve the appearance in the second photograph and there is no procedure that I am aware of under a local anaesthetic that can make a significant and permanent change.

It is certainly possible to improve the neck and face on the second photograph with a neck and face lift combined with liposuction but I don't believe this can be done without at least some sedation.

Good luck.  I hope that helps.

Kind regards

Dr Mark Hanikeri MBBS, FRACS

Perth Specialist Plastic Surgeon