Can you get lip injection again after you have had dissolving enzyme injected? Is it bad for you? (Photo)

I recently got juvederm injected into my lips top & bottom approx 0.8ml. Next 2 days it seem like the product clumped together & cause lumps & unevenness in top/bottom lip. I went back & got it message out. RN said its normal for this to happen & will resolved itself in 1-2 weeks. 7 days after it was still lumpy. My lips looked deformed. Got lumps dissolved, however my top lip looks deflated & loss its natural volume. Not sure if I should try lip injection again. Am I not suitable? Pls advise

Juvederm treatment for the lips post hyaluronidase injection

Injections post hyaluronidase treatment is allowable. Due to your complication, ensure you are consulting with an experienced and expert board certified physician injector.

Juvederm and Lip Injections

Juvederm is a great filler for lips and cheeks and chins. However the technique is the most important and choosing a board certified dermatologist with experience with lip injections is critical to natural and beautiful results. 

Juvaderm can do this

I can't tell you how many times good providers will have this unfortunate outcome. This is why I prefer not to use Juvéderm in the lips or around the eyes. Other options include Belotero, perhaps diluted Restylane, and Restylane Silk (reportedly soon to be available).  The final option would be an implant, but I honestly think those do not look as natural as hyaluronic acid fillers.

Adrian M. Guevara, MD
El Paso Dermatologist

After bad Juvederm that was dissolved in lips, perfectly fine to get reinjected

You have to think twice about getting injected by the same person unless it's free. There is no harm whatsoever to have Juvederm again. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Injections after a hyaluronidase treatment is permitted.

Injections after a hyaluronidase treatment is permitted. Schedule an appointment with an experienced injector to be assessed for additional volume.

Good Luck.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Dermatologist or plastic surgeon

You should be discussing your case with a dermatologist or plastic surgeon as that would be most appropriate. 

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon