My left areola droops down compared to the right one, will this even out over time to be the same shape as the other one?(photo)

Early post operative asymmetry

Your asymmetry seems pretty normal for this early stage of healing.  Several changes will take place and you can expect to see improvements slowly over a several month period.  It looks like your surgeon did a nice procedure on you.

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Early post-op areola asymmetry and stretch

Ell,

After any mastopexy procedure, differential swelling and other forces can cause some early areola distortion. This usually resolves over weeks to months, but if not can generally be easily corrected under local anesthesia. Ask your surgeon about this.  I hope that this helps.  Information about mastopexy with implants follows at the link below.

Thomas M. DeWire Sr., MD (retired)
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Areolar shape post mastopexy

I would give your areolar shape plenty of time to correct.  I think that other than this minor issue, you have a great result. Your nipples appear to be exactly in the same position. 

I would not even begin to think about revision the site before three months...but I would prefer six.  And... even if you do come to revision, it should be easily accomplished with a little local anesthesia.  I like "Biocornuem" for scar management. 

Areola Shape

Hello and thanks for the question and photos. It appears that you had your operation recently. Several months are required for the breasts to take their final shape and for the incisions to look normal in some cases. Address this with your plastic surgeon at the time of your post op visit. If this doesn't improve in time, it can be fixed with a small procedure often done in the office. Be well...

James E. Hardy, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Areola Scar Post Breast Augmentation

In general, it can take 3-6 months for everything to heal and for your new breasts to fully reveal themselves. I don't know exactly where you are on that spectrum, but your scars will definitely diminish with time. And, hopefully, the pulling that you are experiencing on the left side will relax. I would suggest that you speak with your surgeon about your concerns at your next post-op appointment. 

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Tear drop areola

The one areola is a bit tear dropped shape.  This can happen from pulling that occurs along the vertical skin closure. Sometimes it relaxes with healing. Other times, it needs to be revised.

Areola shape

Thank you for the question and photos. It appears that your scars are a bit tight and tension under that areola is contributing to the shape you noted. It will take many months for the breasts to fully heal and soften. Your scars will be maturing for at least 1 year. I recommend that you speak with your Plastic Surgeon about this area of concern and let them advise you about scar treatment which could benefit you.

All the best

Tethering of areola scar

It looks like a very nice result from a lifting procedure. I would wait 6 months for all the scars to mature before addressing any kind of touch up. May correct itself without intervention. Good Luck. 

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Nipple asymmetry after surgery

Hello!
You do not mention the type of surgery you had or how far out from surgery you are. I am guessing a breastlift or breastlift with augmentation. 
These surgeries take a while to settle. You need to allow a good 3 months for early healing, but full "settling" takes about a year. With your photos, you should wait. Scar management is helpful in healing, and there are different topical creams that work well in optimizing scars and the overall nipple-areola appearance: shea butter, cocoa butter, vitamin E, coconut oil. I would recommend you discuss this with your surgeon to check on her/his preference and recommendation. Overall your result looks very good!

Michele A. Shermak, MD

My left areola droops down compared to the right one, will this even out over time to be the same shape as the other one?

Thank you for your question and photographs, and congratulations on your surgery. It looks as if you will have a very nice result.  I can see your area of concern, and because you are recently out from surgery, best to allow a few months to pass to allow the tissues of your breast skin and areola to fully heal, stretch, and relax.  If after 6 months the areola remains tethered inferiorly, an office revision can be performed to better match it to your other side.