Had my Labiaplasty yesterday. Wants to know if it should look like this? Also had Mona Lisa with skin tightening. (photos)

Had the trim and just wants to know if it will look uneven when healed? The hood also looks very big and will the gap close up afterwards? Thanks

Nothing looks crazy in your post labiaplasty photos

A little bit of swelling, redness and distortion are all typical after labiaplasty. The swelling will go down significantly in the next few days.

Too early to tell

Thank you for sharing.  At this point it is very hard and not reliable to comment on the final look of the procedure.  There is still lots of swelling which distorts the normal anatomy and therefore I would wait and follow up with your surgeon.

Labiaplasty Post-Op Healing

There is much to be considered for a decent amount of time taken to allow the surgical area to heal. Swelling after #Labiaplasty is usually present for several weeks. It’s possible that swelling can persist for two or three months. Firmness of tissue can remain for 4-6 months. Postoperative care will usually consist of sitz baths or soaking the area in warm soapy water starting approximately 2 days after a surgery.  The sutures will dissolve over the course of several weeks.  This will in part depend upon the #Labiaplasty technique used, the amount of bruising and they way in which your body heals. Ice can help reduce swelling. Arnica and Bromelain may help.  Direct massage may be useful for swelling as well. You should be able to allow a little more time for the healing process to begin, but at the same time you should never hesitate to contact your plastic surgeon with any questions or concerns about your procedure. If you are worried at all you should be able to have the area evaluated in person at a follow-up appointment to ensure healing is progressing well. Good luck!

Trim Labiaplasty and Mona Lisa to Labia Majora

The best person to ask is your surgeon. You can expect both the labia minora and the labia majora to be quite swollen after both a labiaplasty and a Mona Lisa treatment of the labia majora. To my own patients, I recommend cold packs wrapped in cloth, 20 minutes on, twenty minutes off, for the first two days, to help with swelling. Your surgeon can give you the best, most appropriate instructions for your case.All the best.

Heather J. Furnas, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Had my Labiaplasty yesterday. Wants to know if it should look like this? Also had Mona Lisa with skin tightening.

Thank you for your question and photographs.  Your current results look appropriate for a day after surgery as the thin tissues of your labia are swollen, impacting your long-term appearance.  Allow yourself at least 6 full weeks of healing time before assessing any asymmetry or contour issues in your results.

Healing after labiaplasty

This certainly looks normal following labiaplasty surgery. It takes about 2 months for the sutures to dissolve completely and for the skin to flatten out for a more natural appearance. 

Is this healing OK?

Thank you for your question and photos.  Be patient, it has only been a day and one would expect significant swelling and distortion in these delicate tissues.  Follow your surgeon's instructions and reach out to them with any issues.  Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.As you are still fairly early on in your recovery, I would give yourself some more time to heal before judging your results. It takes at least 4-6 weeks for swelling to fully go down for the labia to shrink in size. Over this six week period, you results will still change slightly. If after six weeks you are still unhappy with your results, I would consult your doctor for a revision or seek another board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in labiaplasty. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon