Does Kybella provide more skin tightening/retraction than coolsculpting for the under chin area? If this is true, why?

Kybella, CoolSculpting and Tightening

Both Kybella and CoolSculpting are treatments to remove excess fat. There is a certain amount of resultant skin tightening, but if that is your main objective, you may want to look into something like Ultherapy or Thermage.

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Kybella, CoolSculpting and skin tightening

Neither Kybella or CoolSculpting are indicated for skin tightening. That being said, the inflammation associated with both treatments will result in some skin tightening. Kybella and CoolSculpting are fat reduction procedures. If skin tightening is your primary concern, I would consider ultrasound or radiofrequency based skin tightening devices such as Ultherapy, Thermage, Thermi and Infini. 

Kybella Versus Coolsculpting Versus VASER

Most people use Coolsculpting for larger problem areas. I like Kybella and non invasive options like  a vaser/thermiRF combination with thermage/ultherapy to tighten the skin under the chin.  Please see an expert for evaluation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Thank you for your question. Neither procedure provides any significant skin tightening. We have radio frequency machines that help to provide some tightening to the skin after Kybella treatment. I hope you find this information helpful. 

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

Kybella and Skin Tightening

There has been some observations that Kybella causes some skin tightening as well as fat reduction.  Cool-mini is great for larger areas of fat. I utilize both in my office with great results.  Best, Dr. Green