Will Kybella help me? 29/F (Photos)

Hi, I am looking to get some more information on Kybella. I am 29 yr old, 5'2 weighing 65 kgs. I have always had problem with my double chin and fat face, even when I was 48 kgs. I was wanting to get some expert opinion on whether you think Kybella would help me with the double chin. And how many treatments you think I would require. Hope to get some help. Thanks a lot in advance.

Kybella

It sounds like you would be a good candidate for Kybella. This injectable treats the submental fullness under your chin that most people refer to as a double chin. Typically, patients need 2-4 treatments that are spaced about 1 month apart. The number of treatments really depends on the amount of fat that you have. There is little to no downtime, however, you may experience some swelling and bruising which is quite common.

Yes it will help

Thanks for the question.  I would need to examine you in person, but based on these pictures you are probably a good candidate for Kybella and would likely need 1-2 treatments.  Good Luck

"The above answer has been given without seeing this patient and cannot be substituted for actual in-person examination and medical advice; it is only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Is Kybella a good option for me?

You are young, have a moderate amount of submental fat, and likely have good skin elasticity. This makes you an ideal candidate for Kybella. Seek out a core injector (facial plastic surgeon, plastic surgeon, or dermatologist) for an in person consultation to discuss this in greater detail. I've seen excellent results with necks similar in appearance to yours in as little as 2-3 sessions. Good luck moving forward!

Parker A. Velargo, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will Kybella help me? 29/F

Hello wingedlienr1,

Most likely the answer would be yes, Kybella would help you with your double chin.  Kybella is one of the few treatments that needs an in person evaluation to help determine if you would be a successful candidate or not.  The reason is it treats fat in one area of the double chin but not if the fat is behind the muscle in the neck (platysma).  This is determined by grabbing the area and have you show your bottom teeth.  If the fat remains between your fingers then Kybella can help.

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella/Belkyra

From your photos, you may well be a good candidate for local therapy with Belkyra/ Kybella. On average, patients need 3 sessions, 2 months apart. Some patients may need up to 6 sessions. I often combine Belkyra treatments with Ultherapy to improve the appearance of the entire jawline, cheeks and neck. Patients may even need Botox to their anterior neck bands.Best of luck. Please see a qualified dermatologist in your area.

Gail Nield, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Kybella Is Good Option

Yes, Kybella should be a great choice for you.  You have a localized, stubborn area of fat and good skin quality.  A few treatments with Kybella should permanently improve your chin/neck fullness and give you a sharper jawline.

Lawrence Osman, MD

Kybella and Double Chin

You appear to be the perfect candidate for Kybella. Most of my patients have had a double chin their whole life and want to have it removed. I often combine Kybella with Thermage for the best skin tightening and neck rejuvenation.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Kybella for submental fat

I think you are a great candidate for Kybella injection to the submental fat, however, this of course is only based on the photographs you have provided. I would need to check for skin laxity before injecting. Typically, a patient like you in my hands would probably be recommended 2-4 treatment sessions, 2 vials/session, 6 week interval between treatment sessions. You should expect to see a significant improvement. Kybella works!

Kybella

Kybella is an excellent treatment for submental fat reduction. It improves the overall appearance of the jawline/chin/neck. We typically recommend at least 2 sessions. I would recommend an in person exam to determine your candidacy.

Dr. Kathleen Morno

Kathleen Morno, MD
Highland Park Physician

Will Kybella help me? 29/F

Yes, Kybella® is the current gold standard for dissolving fat deposits for neck. Early clinical opinion seems to indicate that the ideal Kybella® candidate is young.

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist