Irregular use of retainers. Any suggestions?

Although my orthodontist had originally told me to wear my retainers 24/7 apart from eating and brushing my teeth, I stopped doing that a few months ago and only wore them when i went to sleep. Now I've noticed quite a shift in my teeth (my top jaw in particular is beginning to jut out) and my retainers are getting quite loose. What should I do? Will I have to wear braces again?

Loose Retainers

The fact that your retainers are loose means that there is changes occurring with your alignement; aside possibly damage to the retainers? Its difficult to access without being evaluated, however I suggest for you to see your provider and have him/her examine.

Los Angeles Dentist