How invasive and costly us revision surgery if my breasts / nipples are uneven after a breast lift?

I badly want a breast lift as my breasts are heavy and I find them depressing. I don't suffer from back pain, but it's uncomfortable to wear no bra to bed if I had a lift it would be mainly for aesthetics...My only concern for a lift is as my breasts are uneven now, that you cannot be guaranteed both breasts will be the same size, with nipples in the correct position after surgery. If there was a difference afterwards- how invasive is a revision and how costly generally is a revision?

Revision before primary surgery

Thank you for your question. Without photos it is difficult to comment specifically to your case. Breast lift or mastopexy can help someone in your situation. A small reduction or breast lift are similar in terms of incisions used. In all likelihood, after such a reduction or mastopexy the nipples will be in the proper position if the surgery is planned properly.

Consult with a Board Certified plastic surgeon experienced in breast surgery and ask to see pictures so you can get an idea of his or her results. Speak with several surgeons so you can make an informed decision that will work best for you,

Good Luck,

Cost of revision surgery for a breast lift?

You are already planning your revision and you have not had your primary breast lift yet.  It is also very possible that you will have a great outcome with symmetry and excellent nipple position.  My guess is that a breast lift will leave you better off than how you are now.  You are not symmetric now before surgery, I am certain a board certified surgeon will do their best to achieve symmetry for you.  IMO you will enjoy that transformation.  Good luck. Hope that helps.

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Revision surgery

The goal in plastic surgery is to improve the look and at times function of a particular part of the body. And that does include symmetry. Keep in mind that we are dealing with human bodies which change as we age, move, twist etc. That being said, most surgeons will tell you what their revision fees are in your initial consult, in addition, revision surgeries tend to be less invasive than the initial procedure.

Clayton L. Moliver, MD