How invasive and costly us revision surgery if my breasts / nipples are uneven after a breast lift?

I badly want a breast lift as my breasts are heavy and I find them depressing. I don't suffer from back pain, but it's uncomfortable to wear no bra to bed etc..so if I had a lift it would be mainly for aesthetics...My only concern for a lift is as my breasts are uneven now, that you cannot be guaranteed both breasts will be the same size, with nipples in the correct position after surgery. If there was a difference afterwards- how invasive is a revision and how costly generally is a revision?

Revision before primary surgery

Thank you for your question. Without photos it is difficult to comment specifically to your case. Breast lift or mastopexy can help someone in your situation. A small reduction or breast lift are similar in terms of incisions used. In all likelihood, after such a reduction or mastopexy the nipples will be in the proper position if the surgery is planned properly.

Consult with a Board Certified plastic surgeon experienced in breast surgery and ask to see pictures so you can get an idea of his or her results. Speak with several surgeons so you can make an informed decision that will work best for you,

Good Luck,

Cost of revision surgery for a breast lift?

You are already planning your revision and you have not had your primary breast lift yet.  It is also very possible that you will have a great outcome with symmetry and excellent nipple position.  My guess is that a breast lift will leave you better off than how you are now.  You are not symmetric now before surgery, I am certain a board certified surgeon will do their best to achieve symmetry for you.  IMO you will enjoy that transformation.  Good luck. Hope that helps.

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift / Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants

I appreciate your question.

I perform a liposuction breast lift that removes tissue from the areas you don't want such as near the armpit and the lower portion hanging near your stomach. Once I use this to shape the breast I then remove the skin to tighten the breast and create a better shape with nice cleavage. Since I perform this less invasively the recovery time is faster and drains are not necessary. The size would depend on the proportion with your body versus going for a cup size. It works very well if there are asymmetries. I can also use the removed fat as a natural breast augmentation by grafting the fat back into the breast to create more projection or into the top to create more cleavage. This procedure can also be combined with an implant if needed or wanted.  It should not affect nipple sensation, mammograms, cancer risk or breast-feeding. If you gain or lose weight, the transferred fat can do the same.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.  

Dr. Schwartz 

#RealSelf100Surgeon 

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS

Revision surgery

The goal in plastic surgery is to improve the look and at times function of a particular part of the body. And that does include symmetry. Keep in mind that we are dealing with human bodies which change as we age, move, twist etc. That being said, most surgeons will tell you what their revision fees are in your initial consult, in addition, revision surgeries tend to be less invasive than the initial procedure.

Clayton L. Moliver, MD