Improvement over time after short scar neck lift

Due to a short scar neck lift I have a rather clipped look to the base of my jawline and the mandible is quite obvious. I am seeking things to help with this look that I consider to be masculine. However my question is this - will I age naturally and the neckline come back downwards in a natural way so that there is flow over the base of the mandible again, or will I never look natural in that area due to the fact the skin was sewn up behind the ear?

Neck Lift

Thank you for your question. The goal of facial plastic surgery is to work with your current aesthetics to provide you with a natural result that will blend with your face and body over time as you age. I suggest that you consult with your board certified facial plastic surgeon to learn more about your recovery expectations. 

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Short scar neck lift

A "short scar" lift usually refers to a mini-facelift. This type of lift usually does not result in much improvement in the neck and can cause some bunching of skin behind the ear and an unnatural transition at the jawline from lifted facial tissues to undertreated tissues in the neck. 

Without photos and more details of your procedure, I can't comment on your specific situation. 

Steven M. Daines, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Masculaine jawline

Tough to render any helpful information without pictures or knowing how long ago your surgery was.  If you had surgery within 6 months ago, just wait.  Usually any unnatural tightness in the jawline or cheeks will relax alittle.  As far as the naturallness of the lift, I would really need to see pictures.  Sorry.  Good luck with everything

Edward J. Ricciardelli, MD
Wilmington Plastic Surgeon