Implants without a lift? (photos)

Hi there, I am contemplating having implants but I am concerned that I may need some sort of breast lift, which is something I would like to avoid if I can. Iwould appreciate any opinions out there on wether I may be able to avoid having a lift. Thanks

Hope to avoid a lift

Thank you for your question and the photo. I think most surgeons would agree that you would be best served with a lift along with the implant. The risk of an implant alone with the nipples as low as they are is that the breast would appear to fall off the implant. "snoopy dog" deformity.  Consult with an experienced,  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area and discuss your desires. There are a number of different options depending on how far the nipple areolar complex needs to be moved.Best Wishes,

No Breast Lift needed

Thanks for your photos.If you accept big implants it is possible doing it without a lifting procudure. Please consult with  aboard certified plastic surgeon. Best Regards

Ozge Ergun, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Implants with a Lift

You need a lift (mastopexy) + implants.  Breast Augmentation is an excellent way to both add volume to smaller breasts and when combined with a lift, it can restore a youthful appearance for breasts, like yours, that have started to droop or sag. No one wants a mastopexy (lift) but unfortunately some women need them. I would strongly discourage just implants. Implants will cause your breast to sag further and your result will be less than desirable, and will highlight the assemetry they already have. Best Of Luck.

Breast Implants without lift

Hello and thank you for your question.This is something I hear frequently from patients, and it is my wish as well that you have only the surgery that is best to correct your concern, and not any additional surgery that is not required.It goes back to understanding what the problem is and what is available to correct it. As a general rule implants will enlarge and only very slightly lift. If there is sagging, implants will fill some breast size and the breast will still be sagging, which may potentially be OK when there is slight sagging, but is usually not satisfactory when there is a fairly large amount of sag as the top will generally still remain empty. Lifting without implants will improve the sag but not help the small size and lack of 'curviness'. In addition, the distance between your breasts and the rest of your body size and shape are also contributing factors. Actually there are quite a few contributing factors which generally are not significant in isolation, but which are quite meaningful when combined with each other.So, it would be difficult to give you an accurate answer without a face-to-face consultation.During consultation, I find I am able to hear from my patients what aspects concern them, what their expectations are, what they would be willing to live with, as well as my being able to physically examine to see the extent of the issue, take some measurements to assist me in formulating a surgery plan, and communicate to my patient what options there are and what the pros and cons of these options are.I hope this has been of value for you and wish you well in your journey.

#mastopexyaugment

Hi. Your breasts are droopy enough to warrant a lift with an implant. I believe you would be a good candidate for a minimal scar crescent lift. This leaves an almost invisible scar above the areola. However it does depend on the volume you requesy. RegardsD

In person exam needed

You would most likely get the best result with a full breast lift with breast augmentation but need an in person exam to come up with the best treatment plan for you. Please seek an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Be sure to express your goals and expectations to your chosen surgeon. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area
#realself #drdeanvistnes #breastlift #breastaugmentation

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Implants versus Implants/Mastopexy (Breast Lift)

Based on your photo, it appears that you likely have Grade II ptosis.  Given this degree of ptosis, your best cosmetic outcome for breast shape would be implants in conjunction with a breast lift.  The trade off is obviously the increased scars, but mastopexy scars tend to heal well and I believe a better shaped breast with more scars is preferable to a less optimal shaped breast with less scar.

Edwin Kwon, MD
Los Angeles Physician

Lift or not? Simple augmentation of breasts vs breast lift.

Hi. Based on the single view photograph, I am fairly certain that a breast lift would be indicated. Despite it being a reasonably complex procedure, I suggest that you consider a combined lift & implant to get the best possible result. I very much doubt that you will be satisfied with a simple augmentation. Consult an ASPS surgeon for review.

Paul Jason Skoll, MBChB, FRCS, FCS (SA) Plast
South Africa Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants without a lift?

Thank you for your question and photograph.  Based on your photo the nipple looks to be below the inframammary crease or fold beneath your breast.  If this is the case you will need a breast lift in addition to breast implants to avoid a "snoopy  deformity".  Please see an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.

Implants and Lift

Based on your photo, you would benefit from a lift to reshape your breast for a pleasing cosmetic result.  Implants add volume to the breast, but do not change the shape.  If you decide to have implants alone, your breast shape will stay the same, only larger.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD