Can I really just get away with implants? (photos)

I have lost 50 pounds and breastfeed one child im currently a small D cup and have no upperpole left, my surgeon wants to give me 410 cc in smaller breast and 390cc in other breast dual plane teardrop implants high profile he said that im boarderline lift and this would be enough to fill them out and give my nipple a kick up, the thing is from what i have read on here and after research im not so sure i will get a very good result

Run don't walk to another surgeon!

Any surgeon suggesting just implants cannot be serious or does little cosmetic breast surgery. Not only are your breasts droopy, your right nipple is literally pointing completely sideways and under your arm! Implants need be centered both vertically and side to side under the nipple. I don't see any possible way to accomplish that with your severe lateral nipple malposition and ptosis without a lift. You actually have a fair amount of breast tissue it's just very low and lateral. Seek multiple other consults by breast experts not just run of the mill surgeons who dabble in many types of surgery. Best of luck. 

Need a lift

Thank you for your question and photos.  I would recommend that you seriously consider having a breast lift as well, particularly the anchor lift.  Implants alone will only cause your breasts to sag more and if you are borderline case now, you will definitely need a lift in the future.  

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Limits of implants in breasts that have settled

Hello
Your instincts are correct.  Your breasts have settled beyond the point where implants alone will help.  I would recommend that you combine somewhat smaller implants with a lift, so that you will have excellent long term results.  The other option is to leave things as they are, which would be a better choice than just doing breast implants.  Congratulations on the weight loss and best of luck

John Q. Cook, MD

Can I really just get away with implants?

The goal of the implant is to eventually sit behind your natural nipple. If you are not happy of the current placement of your nipple then just a breast augmentation may not give you the appearance you are looking for it is more likely that you will need an augmentation with a lift. However it is difficult to just assess someone with pictures. The best thing to do is have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who can direct you further on achieving the look you want but be clear with the surgeon on the appearance you are looking for.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Augment alone?

that is not what I would have suggested, unless you want to have bigger hanging breasts. might want to talk to your surgeon again or get a second opinion

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

No way

Thanks for the email and congrats on the weight loss.

Based on the images you have sent, there is no way that a breast augmentation alone will achieve the results you are after.
You need a breast lift and implant.

As surgeons we deal with 'borderline' case all the time, but I am sorry to say this yours is clear cut, you need a breast lift.

Remember the goal is to look good naked, because everyone looks good in a bra.

Breast augmentation vs breast lift

Congratulations on your recent weight loss - a great effort!  You have asked a very common question.  Unfortunately you are unlikely to be happy with the results of a breast augmentation alone.  While you will have an increase in the volume of your breasts,  your breasts will remain largely in the same position and the weight of your implants could cause your breasts to look even lower.  In my opinion you are an ideal candidate for a breast lift with implants to lift your breasts back up the chest wall into a more rejuvenated position.  Breasts implants will then add volume and increase your upper pole fullness.  You will achieve a great result in the hands of a fully qualified, experienced plastic surgeon.

Implants vs implants and lift

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photos.  Also congrats on losing the weight.  Based on your photos, I think you will be much happier if you have a breast lift and implants done at the same time.  This will provide you with much longer lasting and satisfying outcome.

Congratulations on your significant weight loss; you should be very proud of this accomplishment. Based on your  history and photographs, you should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation/lifting surgery. Unfortunately, I do not think that you will do well with breast augmentation surgery alone.

Generally speaking, patients undergoing the breast augmentation/lifting surgery operation should understand that it is significantly more complex than breast augmentation surgery only and that it is associated with a significantly higher risk of complications and need for additional surgery.

Also, generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation/lifting surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Again, have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. The use of computer imaging may be very helpful during this communication phase.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery. The use of temporary intraoperative sizers with the patient in the upright position makes selection of the best breast implant size/profile relatively easy.
I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

Based on the photos, placing an implant alone will give you a larger breast without any lift. In fact, because the breast is now larger, you will be at risk for even more sagging with time due to gravity.  Unfortunately some physicians treat a breast like yours by placing a large implant to try to "fill out the skin" and it invariably leads to an unsatisfactory result. Find a board certified  plastic surgeon in your area and look at some after results of patients who are similar to you. Good luck! Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon