Any idea why I have these blisters on the inside of my upper lip after rhinoplasty? Upper lip swollen and upturned (Photos)

Had rhinoplasty in September and my upper lip has been quite upturned and swollen since - particularly the area above the upper lip (same duck mouth look you get after bad fillers). I had a columella strut and my nose was de-rotated. Any idea why I have these blisters on the inside of my upper lip? They don't hurt. I did have lip fillers 7 months ago - could it have migrated??? Any idea how I can treat it. My upper lip is all people notice - it's really getting me down.

Any idea why I have these blisters on the inside of my upper lip after rhinoplasty? Upper lip swollen and upturned. Perth

Thank you for your question and images. I would suggest that the lumps look like your upper lip filler that has migrated. Although a rhinoplasty may change some of the aspects of the upper lip I have not experienced anyone developing painless lumps on the oral mucosa. If it was filler, the good news is that it will go away with time. I would also suggest that the duck mouth look relates more to the filler that the rhinoplasty.

Good luck.

Regards

Dr Guy Watts