I have an uneven chest wall and breast width. How is it possible to achieve symmetrical results? (photos)

I have chest bones on the upper chest that stick out on the left side more than the right.My breast width is right (13cm) and left (15cm).My dc suggested me to use Mod 345cc with 12.5cm diameter /4.2cm projection on left High 385cc with 12.5cm diameter/5.1cm projection on right.Im not sure about this because if so left implant (12.5cm) would be much narrower than my breast width 15cm.Please give me advice if in which way is the best to fix this assymetry?

Symmetry after BA

If you have a very asymmetric chest, perfect symmetry isn't possible, but with careful chest of implants, it can be improved. This is a complex assessment, and size advice can't be given based on photos. I always use preoperative 3D simulation software which can help choose the correct implants. Ask your surgeon if he/she offers this. All the best, Dr Steve Merten, Sydney, Australia

Post op aug

sounds like a sensible approach. they will never be exactly the same. they will be closer than they are now.  good luck

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

I have an uneven chest wall and breast width. How is it possible to achieve symmetrical results?

Thank you for the question. Based on your photographs, I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.  It is not unusual, to use different sizes (and occasionally different profiles) of breast implants  to improve breast symmetry for patients who present with breast and/or chest wall asymmetry.

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.

***Given that your surgery is coming up soon, I would suggest that you spend additional time communicating your goals/concerns directly with your plastic surgeon, preferably prior to the date of surgery.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Breast asymmetry

Thanks for sharing your images and story

Looking at your images your mismatch isn't as severe as you think and correcting it looks straight forward 

Your surgeon sounds sensible regarding his/her selection range

I am sure he/she will use intra-op Sizers to help create symmetry

I hope this helps and good luck

Choosing Implant Size

Thank you for your question and photos. I would recommend that you try on a selection of different implants to find a match that feels and looks right to you. When my patients present with a significant enough asymmetry that they wish to try and correct it, I will often provide a range of options to try so that they can adjust the balance and see them on. I recommend that you talk with your Plastic Surgeon about this and if you wish, meet with another Plastic Surgeon for measurements and a comparative consultation.

All the best  

Fixing assymetry - Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question and for sharing photos. Best would be to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon that is comfortable with your case and with your desired outcome. It will be possible to correct by using different implants with different projections and measurements, You may want to send these pictures to the surgeon prior to your consultation. Best of Luck 

Chest wall asymmetry

The chest wall is the foundation or base for any breast implant.  Depending on the degree of asymmetry, some correction can be achieved by choice of implant and the pocket that is created to contain the implant.  However, not much can be done to correct significant asymmetry in the chest wall.  Sometimes fine tuning can be achieved later after surgery with fat injections.  Tjsi is a great discussion to have with your surgeon.  He/she will discuss your particular limitations and realisti expectations.  Good luck.

Edward J. Ricciardelli, MD
Wilmington Plastic Surgeon

Preoperative asymmetry

Thank you for your question.  It is difficult to see a significant asymmetry from the photos provided.  Using different implants may help but also fat transfer from the hips or inner thighs can help tailor the breast.  Regardless, when you increase the volume of the breast the relative size discrepancy decreases.  Keep in mind that no woman has perfectly symmetric breast.  Make sure you and your surgeon come up with realistic goals.  Best of luck.

All women have some degree of asymmetry.  The trick is to bring the breasts as close as possible to being symmetrical.  Your surgeon may have different implants in the office which you can "try on" to get a feel for how you will look after surgery.  The best advice you will receive is from the surgeon who is able to examine you in person in order to see the intricacies of your anatomy.

Camille Cash, MD

How can you achieve symmetry?

For someone like you, achieving perfect symmetry may be very difficult.  The best way to figure out what will work best is by having an in person consultation where you able to try implants of different projections, widths and dimensions.  That way, you can find the best look in clothing.  Good luck!