I started Isotrentinoin tonight about 4 hours ago, can I wax tomorrow?

I'm on 20mg once a day I started Isotrentinoin tonight about 4 hours ago, will i be able to get one last eyebrow wax tomorrow afternoon before i cant anymore for 6 months!

Waxing after starting isotretinoin

It is not safe to wax during isotetinoin use. You could lift the skin and cause scarring. Tweezing would be the only recommended form of hair removal.

Atlanta Dermatologist

You probably can but it may be irritating!

While accutane takes a little bit of time to take effect, it is always possible that you will experience some irritation from it when you wax.  For this reason, you may want to avoid it after you have been on accutane for more than a few days.  Good luck and enjoy your clear skin!

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologic Surgeon

Isotretinoin and waxing

Yes, I believe that you can get a wax safely even though you are taking isotretinoin. Be well and enjoy your smooth skin.

Estee Williams, MD