I had Juvederm lip injections approx 4 years ago. I don't like results. My lips are bigger than I wanted

top lip is same size as bottom (used to be slightly smaller), & bottom lip is very slightly uneven to 1 corner (probably more noticeable to me than any1 else). Also I have lost definition in cupid's bow. If I were to get cupid's bow & philtrum made more defined, would that possibly balance the look of my lips WITHOUT making top lip bigger? Can Hylauronidase make lips smaller without reversing whole augmentation & are there risks of uneven reversal? Is it an easy procedure & any other risks?

Unhappy after lip injections

It is unusual for hyaluronic acid products to last a number of years in the lips. They can produce some degree of collagen stimulation but this is not typically significant enough to enhance the overall size of the lips. I would recommend evaluation by a physician with expertise use these products to determine your best options.

Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Uneven lips

Hey there, I agree with the other answers.  Tough to say without pics, but also sort of unlikely 4 years out.  However, you're clearly seeing something, so if there's some asymmetry, it was either there before, and not pointed out (extremely common, hence why I point things out before hand), or you have some scarring on that side, which is possible.

It's usually possible to "even out" the lips, especially this far out, and a little unevenness is common, which is why I make my patients come back in after a couple weeks and usually save a tiny bit of filler to correct any asymmetries, because the lip draws in so much water it can be super close but tough to tell at the end of an injection.  Good luck!

Juvederm and the Lips

Juvederm does not last more than nine months in the lips. I think it is important to get your medical records to see what exactly was injected since Juvederm would not distort your lips and have an effect 4 years later.  Please post photos to assist you further.  

Juvederm to lips

I have never heard of anyone who has Juvederm remaining in lips after 4 years.  So hyaluronidase would probably do nothing.  Need to see before and after pictures to better assess your concerns.  

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Juvederm 4 years ago

Juvederm to the lips is a good way to augment them, but the product does not usually last longer than 6-9 months, so it is unclear why you think the juvederm is the problem.

Lip dilemna

Not clear how all these concerns could be due to an injection of juvederm 4 years ago when it should be gone in 6 mo.Highly doubt enzyme would work at this ultra late stage.Injectibles are an inexact science and yes there is always a risk of too big, too small and/ or asymmetry

Robert Savage, MD (retired)
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon