I just had a full facelift and notice the skin around my ear is white.

I had afoul facelift 4 weeks ago and notice the skin around my ear is white, it's also numb. Will the colour of my skin be normal again Thank you

Face lift post op

The numbness you are describing is common. The sensation in this area may come back and that can take up to a year.  However, the color change could suggest vascular compromise.  This is difficult to assess since there is no photo.  I recommend that you follow up with your surgeon and discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Numbness and skin color change after facelift

Thank you for the question. Numbness in front of and around the ears is normal for a few weeks to a few months. As for skin color change, this may imply some issues with the blood supply to the area. It is important to check in with your surgeon to make sure that things are healing well.

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Skin around ear

The numbness is normal and common. more sensation typically continues to return over many months. As for the color, without at least photos there is no way to say.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Skin around ear white and numb after facelift

It is not unusual for the skin around the ear to be numb after a facelift, and this normally resolves over time.  In regards to the white color around your ear, an exam would be needed to try and determine the cause.  Sometimes when the skin is removed and replaced into a new position, the coloring of the skin can be slightly different.  Without seeing you, it is impossible to know if this might be the cause or not.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Face lift - my skin is white around the ear

Thank you for asking about your face lift.
  • One would need to examine you to determine the cause.
  • After a month, the likely issue is swelling
  • I suggest you see or at least call your surgeon for her/his thoughts.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS