I had a botched LABIAPLASTY, how can this be fixed ? (photos)

I had a botched LABIAPLASTY done 6 weeks ago , I had a lot of labia but wanted a small reduction . Can someone tell me how this can be fixed if it can ? Thanks

Botched Labiaplasty

Thank you for sharing and I am sorry to hear of the poor outcome.There is only one pic available so it is a little hard to fully appreciate the appearance, however it does seem that an amputation of your labia minora was performed.   I would be very diligent in finding someone experienced with revision of labiaplasties and wait a minimum of 6 months if possible prior to having surgery,Best.

Botched labiaplasty

Hello Tialee,Thank you for your post with only one photo that can be opened. Sorry about your situation but it seems that your labia minora have been completely removed. You should be evaluated by an experienced surgeon in botched Labiaplasty procedures and wait at least 6 months to assess your results and thus better determine what your options are.  Best of luck,

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist

Botched labiaplaty

I reviewed your photo. It appears that most of your labia minora were removed. You had a trimming labiaplasty. However, no attempt to revise your labia should be done until you are at least five months after your past procedure as your appearance will improve, and the swelling will be less. You need to control your anxiety and wait. The reconstruction is much more difficult than a primary labiaplasty and should be done by a plastic surgeon with extensive experience in labia reconstruction. I published the first and most extensive paper on labia reconstruction in the prestigious journal "Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery" about five years ago. You may need various reconstructive techniques to give you a good appearance, but this won't be known until all the swelling is gone. I may need to do w] clitoral hood flaps to reconstruct your labia if your surgeon left enough remaining clitoral hood.  I invented this procedure about 10 years ago and have done it about 50 times with excellent success. You only get one good chance to reconstruct you, so be patient and ask a lot of questions. Gary J. Alter, M.D.
Beverly Hills, CA - Manhattan, NY

Gary J. Alter, MD

I had a botched labiaplasty, how can this be fixed?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph.  I would advise allowing your results to mature at least an additional 6 weeks before seeking out a labiaplasty surgeon skilled in labial reconstruction.  Though based on your picture it does not appear that you have sufficient clitoral hood tissue left to recreate a labia, only an in-person examination can accurately determine this. 

Botched labiaplasty

I am sorry to hear of your dilemma.  I can only access the 2nd photo when I review your photos.  The other two are not displaying well.  From what I can see you don't have enough lateral prepuce for a skin flap to attempt to build your labia minora then again this is NOT  the best way to assess a patients anatomy. Obviously you will need to be seen for an examination. Choose a surgeon who has experience in botched surgeries revisions. Best of luck in you future surgery.
John R Miklos MDAtlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

Another botched labiaplasty to be fixed. Why don't women pay to have it done right the FIRST TIME?!

My considered advice is to "live in your new labia" for at least 3-4 months before making a decision to revise. If you do revise, you will need to find an EXPERIENCED plastic surgeon or cosmetic gynecologist to do your work, which will require an "ISLAND FLAP" to bring down the redundant clitoral hood to cover the amputated portions of your labia. This will definitely NOT be covered by insurance; any surgeon who will do it "under insurance" is a novice and will eliminate any chance you have to make it right. Your surgery will cost between US$6000- $12,000. Sorry, but those are the facts. Women who attempt to save money by having unskilled cheap surgeons do their surgery "under insurance" have a 25+% chance of being "botched." The cost for fixing botched surgeries are generally more than if it was done right the first time, and is never as good as if it were done right the first time.
Good luck!
Michael P Goodman, MDDavis, CA, USA

So Sorry

Lots of doctors are performing amputations instead of labiaplasties. This is closer to FGM than plastic surgery and it's a sad state of events.To reconstruct this you need to wait 6 months and find a plastic surgeon who can use flaps of tissue from the hood and the sulci (folds) to recreate the labia minora. Be patient and be very selective for your next procedure.

Revision Labiaplasty

Revision surgery for labiaplasty may be requested to remove more tissue: make the labia more even; correct over-reductions; treat adhesions between parts of the vulva; improve the appearance of color, texture, and scars after previous treatment. Revisions are generally possible but, as with other surgeries, revision becomes more difficult than the initial first operation. These should be performed by a surgeon experienced with Cosmetic Female Genital Surgery. You should wait at least 6 months for the initial surgery to resolve. Tissues need to heal and soften before they are re-operated upon. Once this has settled then you should be able to re-visit your plastic surgeon to determine the proper revision that could be done to make the proper results of your surgery. Best of luck to you!

How To Fix Botched Labiaplasty

Start by getting a second opinion from an experienced board-certified plastic surgeon or gynecologist who specializes in female genital plastic surgery. If your labiaplasty was covered by insurance before, open up your options and consider paying out-of-pocket and traveling if necessary. Look at the surgeon's before-and-after photos on his/her website. Most revision surgery is done after the tissues have healed, about 6 months after surgery or longer. Revision surgery is generally more difficult than the original surgery. If a revision is indicated, your choice of surgeon is very important.For more information, click on the link below.All the best.

Heather J. Furnas, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon