To gain, lose or maintain weight before a Brazilian butt lift? (Photo)

I'm flying from Aus to LA to have a BBL in the first week of Jan 2017. I have put on a lot of weight this year after an accident. I'm 5"7 and currently weigh 165lbs (waist 33", belly button 37.5", hips 40" butt 41"). My weight this time last year was 147lbs. I'm constantly worried I have too much/too little fat. I still have time to adjust my weight so Im wondering what I should do to achieve something like my wish pics. I know an in person consult is best but this isn't possible til I get there

Weight before Brazillian butt lift

I prefer you get to the weight you plan to maintain. You currently have plenty of fat that can be used to augment your buttocks as well as contour your posterior back hips and tummy, but this will change if you lose or gain a substantial amount of weight. So, I prefer you get to the weight you are planning to maintain prior to the procedure and then go for it! Good luck, you still have plenty of time to get ready.

Your weight

You are at the perfect weight right now to have a very successful Brazilian Butt lift and contour procedure. You BMI is 25.8 which is ideal for the procedure and your surgeon will need ample available fat to design your new physique. You will need an in-person examination to assess your abdominal muscles to see if you would need a tummy tuck simultaneously or at a later date.

Good luck

If you have adequate fat pockets for harvesting you would be a candidate for a BBL. The fat can be harvested from multiple areas on your body and injected into the buttocks to build it up and give you that curvier silhouette. Sometimes, this procedure needs to be staged to achieve your cosmetic goals because injecting too much fat at once can increase the chance of more fat cells not surviving. I do not recommend patients gaining weight for this procedure. You should maintain a stable weight for at least 3-6 months prior to having the procedure done to obtain optimal results. If your weight fluctuates too much pre or post operatively, this can affect your results. If you do not have enough fat to achieve your cosmetic goals, I would consider buttock implants or the combination of fat grafting and buttock implants to achieve your goals. Best of luck!
James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

To gain, lose or maintain weight before a Brazilian butt lift?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well...If you gain weight, you will gain also fat in your bbl, if you mantain weight it will be the same size, if you lose weight your buttocks will lose some of the fat and shape that you already have.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD