I'm having a full TT and BL with slight reduction on 21st of March, can I go on holidays early to mid July and enjoy it? (photo)

surgeryscheduled for 21st of March 2016 and has been since last year. I grew up in a struggling house hold and we have always wanted to go on holiday and now finally we have the chance (with the added bonuses of our partners and my 4 and my sisters 2 babes & I want to know if I will be over the pain enough to enjoy myself, I would like to swim, but also walk around the islands when we dock and go shopping ect, this question is obviously considering I have a good to average healing..

Will you be ready for the holiday after mommy makeover?

Thank you for your picture. Having a mommy makeover in March and going on holiday in July should be an achievable goal for you. Total healing time for these procedures is about three months. After six weeks of healing typically surges allow their patients to resume normal activities.   The six weeks after you were released to normal activity should give you time to build up your stamina and endurance to be very close to your pre-surgical activities. This should allow you to maximally enjoy your holiday in July. Best wishes. 

Vacationing After a Mommy Makeover

Most patients are good to #travel 4 weeks after a #MommyMakeover. You should ask your plastic surgeon for specific advice per your procedure. Additionally, I would suggest you wear #TED #hose and also make a point to move about on the aircraft when feasible to prevent DVT.

Post op holiday

Assuming that you don't encounter any complications, yes, you should be able to go on holiday in June. Most patients can return to normal activities at 6 weeks post op. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Holidays 3 months postop

Hello, most people are back to regular activities including travel by about 3 months after TT and BL surgery.  That stated, problems can arise after any operation, so no surgeon can guarantee a full recovery within a certain time frame.

TT Postop recovery

Hi. You need a minimum of 6 weeks before resuming normal activities. If all goes well then at 4 months you will be fine. There are recent medicare changes that you should research thoroughly. You can follow my twitter feed and read kink below. Cheers

How soon after surgery can I go on holiday?

Thank you for your question and photo.  Congratulations on your decision to have surgery.  In my practice I would expect my patients to have full unresticted activity by three months.  I would suppose you should feel confident to have a similar experience. You should discuss this with your surgeon for final OK.  Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon

I'm having a full TT and BL with slight reduction on 21st of March, can I go on holidays early to mid July and enjoy it?

At 4 mouths post op you should be well healed and be able to enjoy your vacation.  Check with your surgeon for their recommendations and advice, as well.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Planning Holiday After Surgery

The average patient would have no problem doing well for holiday in July when surgery is in March.  Best to you!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD