As I was fixing my earing, I ripped my ear lobe upwards towards my ear hole? What should I do?

Ear lobe repair

Earlobe repair is a very common procedure. Frequently, we have patients who will have the procedure done the same day as the consultation. Typically, the cost is between $450-850 per earlobe, depending on the severity and the length of the procedure.You may be able to find a doctor who will do this under insurance but i am not aware of any.The length of time the ears have been gauged should have no effect on the procedure. As long as the tissue is no longer irritated or inflamed, there is no reason not to give it a try. Gauged ears are sometimes more difficult than some other earlobe repairs since the tissue is so over stretched, but we are still able to create a natural looking earlobe. You can get your ear re pierced about 6 weeks after and should be included in the pricing. Shop around in your area and see if you can find a plastic surgeon in your budget

Torn earlobe

Thank you for your question.  Repairing the earlobe can be performed in the office of a board certified plastic surgeon.  I would recommend setting up a consultation with a plastic surgeon.  Best of luck to you!

Chad Robbins, MD

Torn earlobe from earring

Who is a candidate?
#EarlobeReduction surgery as requested five patients who have extensively large earlobes that may be large from family traits, aging, the use of very large earrings or plugs, or previous facial surgery. #TornEarlobes can occur when an earing is caught on something pulling it through the lobe. This will result in a #SplitEarlobe or #CleftEarlobe.
The use of ear plugs and large piercings create large holes which require reconstruction to reform a normal appearing lobe.
#PixieEarlobes can occur after facial cosmetic surgery, leaving a long and large earlobe pulled down along the side of the face
#LargeEarlobes can occur as a family trait or just with aging. Our ears continue to grow each decade of life.

What type of anesthesia is used?
Generally these procedures are performed under local anesthetic and require 15 to 30 minutes depending upon how complex the particular case is. These are in-office , out-patient procedures.

Earlobe reduction usually cost between $500 and $1500 dollars depending upon the complexity of the correction, the surgeons experience, and city in which the surgery is being performed. Geographic costs can be found on Real Self or the websites for the American Society of plastic surgeons for the American Society of aesthetic plastic surgery

TOrn lobe

Allow it to fully heal and then see a plastic surgeon for repair. This is very straightforward and done under straight local anesthesia as an outpatient with little to no pain.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Earlobe repair

Hi & thank you for your question.

Earlobe repair is a very common procedure usually done in your physicians office. I suggest calling a board certified plastic surgeon to set up a consultation. Best of luck.

Ear lobe repair

It doesn't matter which direction you split your earlobe either up or down through the edge. They can always be repaired. I would suggest you find a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area, they can repair it so that you will never be able to tell it was torn!Good luck! 

Mark T. Boschert, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Ear lobe torn upwards by earring

Thank you for asking about your ear lobe.

• A torn ear lobe will not repair itself -
  • It can be easily repaired with minor office surgery by a plastic surgeon.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Ear lobe Repair

Thank you for your inquiry regarding ear lob repair.

Having a torn/stretched earlobe is pretty common occurrence.This is a minor procedure that can be performed in the office under local anesthesia.The procedure is about 1 hour in length from start to finish.

Consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your cosmetic goals and what is the best treatment for you.

Best wishes!

Ear lobe surgery

I would suggest posting some photos, so we can better determine what will be the best option to help you.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon