How to fix hollows around outside eye? (photos)

I hate my bulgy eyes and the hollows around the outside of them. What can I do to fix this? I have had my thyroid checked and it is fine, my mum has bulgy eyes too. I'm also annoyed about my eyelids looking deflated or excess skin or something. Thanks

Fill and lift

I have added a link that might be helpful...

Hi Allebaz.  Thanks for sharing photos.  Your extra upper lid skin can be removed to give you a more defined look.  Your profile views show that your lower lid-cheek junction is flat.  Volumizing the cheek will provide support to the lid (like when you are smiling)-this can be done easily with Juvederm Voluma injections. It will relieve the "hollow" look and make them look less "bulgy". The muscle that encircles our eyes is used with squinting and other expressions-it is the roll underneath your lashes and completely normal.  Best wishes,

Eye Rejuvenation

Thank you for your question. Under eye hollowness is a common concern that can respond well to injectable dermal fillers such as Restylane. I would recommend an in person exam to determine candidacy. Best wishes. 

Leonard Lu, MD

Hollowness around bulgy eye

You likely have genetic bulgy eyes and relative hollowness around eyes. You may benefit from cosmetic orbital decompression to reduce the bulging eyes and/or filling around the eyes (with filler or fat). There are different pros and cons. See following link. Best to get consultation with experienced orbital surgeon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

How to fix hollows around outside eye?

Most expert experienced artistic plastic surgeons have a variety of procedures, both non-surgical and surgical, at their disposal to produce excellent cosmetic results in the appropriately selected patient: neurotoxins (Botox or Dysport), temporary fillers like Restylane, long lasting micro-fat grafts, blepharoplasties, and combinations of procedures. There is no one best procedure. Each has benefits and drawbacks and depends on desired outcome and individual anatomy.

In a patient your age, a temporary hyaluronic filler like Restylane would be a reasonable place to start.

Following the advice of anyone who would presume to tell you what to do without seeing photos and without taking a full medical history, examining you, feeling and assessing your tissue tone, discussing your desired outcome and fully informing you about the pros and cons of each option would not be in your best interest. Find a plastic surgeon that you are comfortable with and one that you trust and listen to his or her advice. The surgeon should be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS). You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Orbital Hollows

Orbital hollows at the outside of the eye are a common issue addressed using fillers, such as Restylane or Belotero. Injections to this area blend the eyelid with the cheek. Results can be amazing but subtle in the area. On the smiling view, you have a roll of eyelid muscle that can be flattened with Botox. Some people call this the jelly roll. 

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane and Sculptra to the eyelid area

I would begin with retinoid therapy, Sculptra injections, and selective Restylane injections to blend in the hollows. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS