Fat transfer to soften sharp jaw line and mandibular angles, is it a possibility?

Just wondering about fat transfer to soften and 'flesh out' sharp jawline/neck and mandibular angle after neck lift. Is this an area that can be treated in this way with fat transfer? I have read fat transfer can be used to soften angles.

It can

fat would be great at this job, the only unusual thing is that most people post facelift want the sharpest neck angle possible. The neck angle is one of the first elements of a facelift to start sagging again so be aware before you smooth it out that nature will be trying to do that for you over the next few years. Maybe wait and see how things progress for a whileHope that helps. Adam Goodwin

yes, you can do that with fat. How it will look depends on how you look now. If you post pictures you can get a better answer.

Val Lambros, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer and the Jawline

Good Question.  Fat transfer can definitely be used to sharpen the jawline and the mandibular angle.  The face is a 3 dimensional structure and the placement of the fat must be placed in the 3 D plane.  Otherwise, the face may appear to be distorted.  This is important because once placed, it is difficult to remove.  I have taken out fat that was placed in the wrong area and it can be done usually if there is a problem.  Good luck.Thank you for your question.

Walton Montegut, MD
Newport Beach Physician