Should I have another fat transfer?

I had fat transferred to my breast 6 months ago but the fat retention rate was around 20-40%. I had a B cup before the fat transfer and now I am still a B. I have a very weird body type where if I skip a meal or two my breasts will instantly become smaller(they become visibly smaller the next day!). However, they don't become bigger when I gain 3-4 kg. Is it something normal? Considering the fact that they are so sensitive, should I even bother to have another fat transfer session?

Breast Fat Transfer/ Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

Thank you for your question. About 60-70% of the grafted fat survives.  At 6 months you will have a good idea of your results. Some women have a second or third procedure which continues to increase your volume safely. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Fat transfer

You could consider another transfer, or even consider implants. Most women need more than one transfer to obtain the size they truly want. I would suggest meeting with your surgeon and discussing all your options.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer to breast

Hi - fat transfer is a great idea in principle, removing fat from areas of the body where it is unwanted and reinjecting it where it is wanted ie breasts. In reality the fat retention rate is very varied and depends on many factors such as smoking and how the fat is handled. To significantly increase breast size you often need several rounds of fat transfer. 

Good luck

Fat transfer to breast

Fat transfer to breast is a great option for augmentation in select patients. Fat retention rates are around 60% depending on technique. Volume of transferred fat will change with weight fluctuations. Depending on the look you are desiring, you may be a candidate for implant based augmentation which gives a more predictable outcome. Best, Dr. Y.

Sara Yegiyants, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon