Facial calcinosis - milia like bumps that are calcified. Steroid cream? Vitamin A? Co2 Laser? ANYTHING. I'm beyond frustrated.

I am in my 60s. I have some diffuse redness, sensitive skin but what REALLY bothers me is crop of calcified mila! In the past 5 years they have spread over my cheeks and chin. Two years ago I was advised by a dermatologist after a biopsy that the condition has been brought on by trauma to the skin. Sun damage, chemicals, stress etc. Other that physically removing them (a doctor gouging them out) have there been ANY developments in the world of dermatology that would address this condition? Maddy

Thanks for your query. Retinoid based cream wok a little for milia. Application of tca or 10% koh may be of some help, but manual extraction is the best option .Hope it helps.

All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon