Under eye puffiness radiating to cheek bone loose saggy skin under eyes. Any suggestions? (photos)

I am almost 40. My saggy under eye skin is the core of my low self esteem. Have spent hundreds on eye gels an hemmorhoid creams and no results. I live in tasmania Australia dont have any money to travel or to get surgery. Its making me depressed. I need help but without money im clueless an fed up with my appearance.

Lower eyelid bagginess and swelling

I am sorry that your lower eyelid problem causes you so much distress. There are some things that may be of help other than surgery . First you need to optimise your overall health by avoiding smoking, having a good diet and plenty of sleep and exercise. Next you need to rule out long term sinus disease or allergy as a component of the problem. Many long term allergy sufferers get a lot of lower lid swelling that can be made worse by surgery, better to treat the allergy and reduce the fluid component of the lower eyelid swelling before considering surgery. Usually investigation by your GP or ENT specialist and, if necessary, treatment with nasal puffer for a few months will help a lot if allergy is a contributing factor. It is unlikely that cream or gels will make much difference but if you get the lifestyle factors right and treat any allergy component and the problem is not much better then the only real option is surgery. Surgery alone , i.e. without dealing with the lifestyle and allergy components will not be enough, you will need to get the whole package right to get the best result.

Puffy eyes

Unfortunately, no amount of creams or gels will improve the droopiness of your lower lids. A lower lid blepharoplasty is needed to remove all the excess skin. Many plastic surgeons offer free consultations. Consult with a few Board Certified Plastic Surgeons, they will give you different options and price quotes for each. Some may run monthly specials, you may be surprised that you can actually afford surgery vs. spending so much money on creams.

Clayton L. Moliver, MD

Sagging lower lids

No amount of cream is going to improve the lower lids.   You have loose excess skin.  This will need to be removed surgically, and may also need to some laser to tighten up the skin.  The creams can help with the appearance of the skin texture, but can't tighten up this laxity.   

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon