Is an electronic cigarette with no nicotine okay to use with nicotine patches 1 week before liposuction? (Photo)

I've quit smoking for my upcoming BAM, lift and lipo but I'm using nicotine patches and a vaper electronic cigarette, is this okay to use one week before surgery? I emailed my surgeon but he wasn't in and the receptionist said she'd get back to me but it's Friday after 5pm now. Thank you

E-cigarettes before surgery

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• Unfortunately, it appears the nicotine in e-cigarettes can damage our ability to heal.
  • I would be more concerned about its effect on your breast lift and implants, than the liposuction.
  • I would strongly recommend that you stop all use of nicotine if possible before your surgery and for two full weeks afterwards.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS