Dr left capsule in and no drains

My dr did not take out my capsules as he said they were not deceased and did not give me drains...I am very concerned about this as I have non Hodgkin's lymphoma. And believe the blood left in there can cause complications ...and I may need antifungals tablets,will this be enough or should I find another dr to clean the breasts pockets out properly..any comments would be gratefully received...thank you

I would first discuss your concerns with your surgeon. Most surgeons probably don't use drains since they are a source of infection. Minimal amount of bleeding will be absorbed. Asked your doctor if cultures were done.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Find a new surgeon

For explant surgery, it is almost always best to remove the capsule in its entirety.  This will allow the space to heal.  If you leave the capsule in place, it does not heal.  Fluid can accumulate in the space.  The situation that brings the patient to implant removal will have an affect on the decision.  This is a surgery which requires discussion with the plastic surgeon about the problem, the goals, and the technical concerns.  The body does not re-absorb the capsule.  Revision surgery requires drains because the fluid is going to be generated when you operate on the scar capsule.  If you provide a mechanism for the fluid to be removed (i.e. drains), the risks are lower.  If the fluid accumulates because there were no drains, it will most certainly cause problems in the future.