I would like a doctor's opinion on what the best options are for me on breast augmentation. (Photo)

Hi, I would like a doctors opinion on what the best options are for me on breast augmentation. I'm currently 165cm tall and weight 52kg. I'm quite petite and have a very small upper body but quite wide hips. I'm currently a size 32A and looking to be a size 32C-small D. I would like to look as natural as possible. Would round or teardrop be preferable? I'm worried that I might have a wide gap between each breast is there a way to prevent this from happening?

I would like a doctor's opinion on what the best options are for me on breast augmentation.

Thank you for your question. Size and shape of breasts can often play a critical role in a woman’s self-esteem. Fuller and bigger breasts are often associated with reproducibility therefore it is a desired condition. There are different kinds of breast augmentation operation types. Breast augmentation can be performed either with breast implants or autologous fat transfer. There are also different types of breast implants like teardrop or round implants. These implants also can be placed under or above the muscle. As you can imagine there are several different options for breast augmentation. The best way to understand which one is more suitable for you is to get a physical examination by a plastic surgeon.

It is important for you to understand that you don’t always need a breast implant for breast augmentation. As it was also mentioned above you can also get bigger and natural breasts with Cihantimur Fat Transfer method. In this method we use own fat tissue of the patient in order to increase the size of the breast. Since this tissue is your own tissue there is no risk for any adverse effects. It is safe and fast operation that yields natural results without any incision.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation options

Hello, in my practice, for patients with a typical breast shape and no sagging I usually insert round gel implants under the muscle.  However, other surgeons might achieve good results with teardrop implants.  To some extent the gap between your breasts is dependent on your anatomy rather than on the surgeon's technique.

William Andrade, MD

Implant recommendations

Thank you for your question. It is important for you to know that the space between your nipples- the anatomy that you start with now, will remain more or less the same after breast augmentation. There is a limit to how close or "tight" cleavage can be and everyone's body is different. It will be useful for you to share your wish pics and specifically what you would like to change about your breasts with your Plastic Surgeon in person.

Having said that, if your Plastic Surgeon uses dimensional augmentation, they will measure your breasts carefully, take into account your existing tissue/placement and discuss your aesthetic goals with you. Then you will have a small range of implants to try on which will fit and compliment your frame for proportionate augmentation.

My patients find it helpful to try on the implant sizers in the office with a form fitting T-Shirt in order to get an idea of how they will look. Be sure to seek a board certified Plastic Surgeon for your consultation.

All the best

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Some advice

Hi.  First - you are starting with a nice normal shape.  Match the width of the implant to the width of your breast, not the width of your hips.  Here in North America, most patients prefer the round implant for cosmetic breast augmentation, rather than the teardrop ones - and they can look very lovely and attractive, when placed behind the muscle and when a proportional size is selected.

Here in Florida, the medium and high profile shapes are very popular - but tastes and opinions vary from region to region.  This is where an in-person consultation with an experienced Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon will help you sort out some of the options.

Thomas Fiala, MD

#breastaugmentation

Hi. You are starting with very good anatomy and provided you choose the right surgeon i would expect you to get a very good result either way. For me the choice of shape of implant would come down to the ultimate size that you chose. If you choose a reasonable size then a round would be fine however if you truly want a natural result and you want to go bigger then i would choose a teardrop. Regards Damien