Dental bonding? post braces, need some urgent advice.

Okay, so my two front teeth are really tiny. the bottom of them are ridged and very rough and chipped. while a solution could be just to file them down, they are already so short and so small that my whole smile would just look so odd. is dental bonding the only solution? or is there a cheaper, yet proper alternative?

Doctor Answers 1

Dental bonding post Invisalign for front teeth

From your description of your front teeth, it sounds like there is some wear on the edges.  Since you feel your teeth are too short, smoothing the edges would only shorten them more.  The only options to lengthen your teeth would be direct dental bonding, porcelain veneers, or porcelain crowns.  Of the three choices, dental bonding is by far the most cost effective and least invasive.  The only other method to lengthen your teeth would be something removeable(Snap on Smile) that fits over your teeth.  This would not be a permanent solution, and would probably be more expensive than dental bonding.   Cosmetic enhancement of your front teeth will improve your self esteem and  I think you will find it to be a great value!

Encinitas Dentist
5.0 out of 5 stars 6 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.