What degree of ptosis are my breasts? (Photo)

I'm 19 and I honestly can't even look in a mirror without crying at how my boobs look after my first child I'm really scared a breast lift is gonna leave massive scars and wonder if I can improve the look of my breasts with just implants please be mindful in your answers I had a consultation with a surgeon who was really rude and made me cry so basically a waste of a $300 visit ABD now I'm too scared to go to another surgeon

Breast Lift

I am sorry to hear about your bad experience. An implant alone will make the breasts larger but will only lift the nipples slightly, so it depends on how you feel about the nipple position. If your desire is to have the nipples significantly higher, the a breast lift will be needed. I hope that the next plastic surgeon will be kinder and gentler; most of us are.  Best wishes.

Breast lift

Thanks for sharing your images and your story.
Sorry you had a bad experience with your original surgeon.

A breast implant alone will not give you a good result, you need a breast lift.
You do have different sized breasts with differing amounts of ptosis, none the less your operation is pretty straight forward.
I wouldn't recommend implants (unless you want to go larger), you look like you have enough breast tissue to reshape and reposition.

I hope this helps and good luck.

Ptosis / asymmetry

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience.  Where in Australia are you?  There are many good surgeons who will listen to your concerns & try to address these with you. 
You appear to have grade 2 ptosis, with your nipples sitting below your fold.  The right also appears to be worse.  From the photo that you have shown, I don't think implants would be an ideal answer - they will only make you bigger & not significantly correct the shape.  Not all scarring from a lift or reduction is terrible.  Ask to see photos of work done by your chosen surgeon.  In saying that, I would definitely wait until you have completed your family before looking at getting surgery.  All the very best

Kim Taylor, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

What degree of ptosis are my breasts?

The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue for the first 3 to 4 months! 

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

What degree of ptosis are my breasts?

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Yes you have ptosis and asymmetry.
If a better shape is the issue then a Breast lift/ Mastopexy with a small reduction is appropriate
Breast Implants are required only if you want to increase the size
Hope this helps

Breast ptosis

It is too bad you had a bad experience.  I would meet with another plastic surgeon.  I would say that you have grade II ptosis but it is difficult to say without a lateral view of your breasts.  I do not think a breast augmentation alone would address your concerns.  You have sufficient breast volume and so a breast lift or mastopexy would improve your asymmetry and correct your ptosis without use of implants.  Good luck!

Timothy A. Janiga MD, FACS

Breast lift is recommended

It's best at this stage of your life to be certain that your child bearing days are over. If there is a chance that you will continue to have children- then whatever you do now surgically - could be negated. In my opinion- you have significant ptosis and asymmetry which can both be addressed surgically without implants. I would not put implants in your breasts as is.Hope this helps

Droopy Breasts

At 19, if you are concern about scars I would try
to postpone any intervention till you are done
with pregnancies. I do not think implants alone 
will help you and may complicate the situation
later in life. Use the link below to find a board certified 
plastic surgeon in your area. It is important to have a 
good relationship with your chosen surgeon.

Fernando Colon, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

I would not recommend using breast implants in your case, since you already appear to have sufficient volume of your breasts. A breast lift, using a lollipop pattern, would give you a nicer shape and can preserve most of your size/volume. I'm sorry to hear you had a negative experience at your first consultation, but you should try and see one or two more plastic surgeons for a thorough exam and review of your options.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD