Not enough cut off. Any suggestions? (photos)

I had labiaplasty 13 days ago - wedge. At 10 days the surgeon took out my stitches I had advised him that one side is bigger than the other. The doctor stated I had a lot of bleeding on the left side during surgery and do to this he had to redo a stitch. He told me it's just swelling and that it'll go down. However during inspection on myself it appears that the left side is a a bit bigger due to not enough being removed. Can someone please provide me with some advice. Thankyou

Post-Op Healing for Labiaplasty

Swelling after #Labiaplasty is usually present for several weeks.  It’s possible that swelling can persist for two or three months. Firmness of tissue can remain for 4-6 months, as well. In both cases you have plenty of time to all the swelling to go down and the tissue to recover. Postoperative care will usually consist of sitz baths or soaking the area in warm soapy water starting approximately 2 days after a surgery.  The sutures will dissolve over the course of several weeks.  This will in part depend upon the #Labiaplasty technique used, the amount of brusing and they way in which your body heals. Ice can help reduce swelling. Arnica and Bromelain may help.  Direct massage may be useful as well, so that any of these options will help you treat the swelling and any discomfort from home. Patients return to most normal activities immediately after surgery with the exception of activities that will create direct pressure on the #vaginalregion such as certain exercise equipment and #sexualactivity.  It will be necessary to refrain from these forms of physical activity, including sex, for approximately 4-6 weeks. Generally, patients are able to walk comfortably within a few days and can return to work within a week. Hopefully all is moving well within that time period and you are feeling better. If for any reason you are still in discomfort or pain, facing any concerns, you should not hesitate to schedule an appointment with your surgeon to have the healing process evaluated in person. Best of luck!

TWO WEEKS AFTER LABIAPLASTY

WOW!  Nice work on your surgeon's part with what appears to be a rather difficult labia to work with.  With the limited labia major that you have, you need a little more labia minor to "close the gap".   You should see even more improvement over the next few weeks.  If you are still a little disappointed, you might be able to have a bit more labia minor trimmed, along with enlargement of the labia major in order to ensure good "coverage".  Revisit this with your surgeon in a few months.

R. Scott Yarish, MD

Excellent results

I think your results already look really great! there is just a bit of asymmetry, but I think a lot of that could actually be due to some continued swelling, especially if there was a bit more trauma on one side due to the bleeding. I would definitely give it some more time, as I think your results are great, and will continue to improve even more.

2 weeks post-op V-Y wedge labiaplasty with mild dissymetry

I've performed ~ 650 LP's, ~ 400 via V or V-Y wedge, and in my opinion, your surgeon did excellent work and when all is healed in ~ 3-4 months you will look quite "natural" with fine results. (S)he did good work! It is not at all unusual for one side, secondary to anatomy and the vagaries of healing & swelling, to be a bit larger than the other. My suggestion is to give it time. If the size disparity really bugs you after 3 months post-op, your surgeon can "trim" a bit off of the larger side, but he/.she may ask you to wait until 5-6 months post-op to re-establish full vascular supply to the area. Most surgeons do not charge for the minor trim, but if you wish to have the whole thing re-done to make it significantly smaller (essentially a "2-stage" procedure), expect a modest charge.

The weblink below discusses different LP techniques. While on the site, you may wish to view many LP results (under labiaplasty under the "Genital Plastic" dropdown...) to see that, when you look closely, there frequently is a small size disparity bilaterally...

Michael P Goodman, MD
Davis, CA, USA

Too early to tell

Thank you for sharing your post and pics. Based on the pictures you have provided,   I'm happy to admit that your results thus far are very nice. I would definitely agree with your surgeon and be a little bit more patient  and allow for the swelling to go down

Best of luck

Doesn't look bad

Be patient and allow yourself 6 months to heal. Sometimes the enemy of good is better: meaning that you may run into problems trying to have a revision when your result is already considered a good one. There is always some asymmetry in every surgery. 

Too early to tell results of labiaplasty at 13 days

You're going to be swollen for a few more weeks. Until this resolves and the sutures dissolve, there is no way to tell if swelling is due to more suture material on the left side or excess labial tissue. Thick labia can be made thinner reliably with an expertly conducted deep-core contoured labiaplasty.

Not enough cut off. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your question and photographs. At 13 days it already appears that you have obtained a nice reduction in the size of your labia and clitoral hood, but I also see your area of concern.  I would recommend allowing your results time to mature so that any current swelling fully resolves.  At three months you should be able to better identify the need for a revision.  Hope this helps.