Coolsculpting applicant felt like it was getting loose towards the last 5 mins of the 1 hour session. Is this normal?

I had coolsculpting done yesterday. Towards the last 5 or so minutes i felt that the side was getting loose. I had the large applicator and had it done on my lower abdominal. No redness today. Is the loose feeling i felt normal?

Massage phase of CoolSculpting treatment

In the last 5 minutes of the CoolSculpting treatment there is a massage phase that occurs. During this time, it is normal for the applicator to feel different. If the suction was lost or the applicator did not have proper suction, the treatment would automatically stop and the technician would be notified.

Portland Hair Restoration Surgeon

Massage stage of treatment

During the last five minutes, there is a massage stage that is designed to increase blood flow and to begin your body's inflammatory response. Some patients do describe this as a loose feeling. 

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Last 5 minutes of treatment.

During the last 5 minutes of a Coolsculpting treatment, the session enters the massage phase. The massage phase is to increase blood flow and initiate your body's inflammatory response. It is common for the applicator to feel different during this time. If the applicator did not have proper suction, then the treatment would completely stop and an error message will appear.

Andrew T. Lyos, MD, FACS

Coolsculpting and effectiveness

Coolsculpting is a highly effective method of reducing fat in a given area by approximately 25 percent.  If the applicator is loose then the session will end.  The last few minutes of the cycle there is a massage built in so that may have been what you were experiencing.  For the best results please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with coolsculpting.

Coolsculpting- the last 5 minutes of the session?

Towards the end of the cycle, you will feel the massage mode. That may gave seemed like the applicator was loosening. 

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting applica

There is a massage segment that occurs during the last 5 minutes of the CoolSculpting treatment so the applicator may feel a bit different during that time.  If the suction was lost, the treatment would automatically stop, so I would say that your treatment should be okay.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cool Sculpting

The device will not work if the applicator is not able to have adequate suction.  The treatment area doesn't extend to the very edge of the device so the contact there is not the most important.