How much Juvederm do I need to balance my bottom lip with my upper lip? (Photo)

I am soon getting my lips injected because I want to make my bottom lip a bit more bigger. How much cc of Juvederm do I need to balance it with my upper lip?

Juvederm for the lips

It takes 1 syringe of Juvederm to rejuvenate and volumize the lips.  Your lips already appear quite full, but a full syringe would go towards defining the border of the lips, improving the texture of the lips, volumizing the lower lip, and lifting the oral commisures (corners of the mouth).

Houston Dermatologist

Last contacted 6 hours ago

Juvederm and the Lips

An in person consultation is the only way to see how much exact product you will need. it appears that you will need one half to one syringe of product for your lips.  Please consult a cosmetic dermatologist who specializes in lip injections for the best results.  Best, Dr. Green

Michele S. Green, MD

Last contacted 8 hours ago

How much Juvederm is needed to balance the bottom lip with the top lip

Thank you for sharing your question. As the Juvederm is injected, you will see the results and be able to guide your injecting doctor to your satisfaction. It will take approximately 1/2 -1 syringe.
Good luck,

James R. Gordon, MD, FACS, FAAO
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Last contacted 17 hours ago

How much Juvederm do I need to balance my bottom lip with my upper lip?

Hello Lisagret,

When it comes to fillers it is best not to focus on the actual amount being injected but rather achieving your goal.  Ideally, the lower lip is more full than the upper (the top lip is about 1/3 and the bottom 2/3 of the space of the lips).  I would start with a single syringe.  I would imagine this would be plenty to achieve the result you need.  You may not even need the entire syringe.  Once you are injected, if you want a little more, you can always have more added.  But if you focus on getting 1 or 2 cc then you can end up with a very unnatural result.  That is why I always say focus on the result and see how much volume it takes.

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Last contacted 2 hours ago

Lip filler

Hello, and thanks for your question. 

You should definitely need less than a syringe to approach the ideal proportion of top to lower lip size. To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend that you only get treated by a well-trained and experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Last contacted 7 days ago