Will I be the right candidate for a tummy tuck? (Photo)

I would like to remove the fat and the strech mark skin

You may be a good candidate for a tummy tuck, but note that this procedure does not necessarily remove all stretch marks.

Hello, and thanks for sharing your question. Although it’s difficult to tell from the picture that you posted, it appears that you may have some loose or excess skin in the abdominal area that could be improved with a tummy tuck. It’s important to keep in mind, though, that while a tummy tuck can sometimes address stretch marks, this is not always the case. Only the stretch marks that happen to exist on the excess skin that will be removed through the procedure will be resolved following your tummy tuck. Thus, it highly depends on the location of the stretch marks that you’re concerned with as to whether or not a tummy tuck can get rid of them. I would suggest scheduling an in-person appointment with a board-certified plastic surgeon to help you decide if a tummy tuck is right for you. Good luck!

Suitability for tummy tuck

Hi Jennifer,

The photo isn't adequate to advise you. Tummy tucks are best for loose, excess skin and separated abdominal muscles. If you resend a front and side on photos it would help. Regards, Dr Steve Merten, Sydney

Candidate for tummy tuck?

Thank you for your question, but it is very hard to tell from this photo. You would be a candidate for a tummy tuck if you have loose skin and stretch marks on your abdomen. If the fat and stretch marks are on your flank area, liposuction could treat the excess fat, but would not help with stretch marks there. Please consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon to determine the best plan for you.

Dustin L. Reid, MD

Tummy tuck

Very hard to tell from these photos

If you have excess skin, then yes you are a candidate for a TT

But if it is love handle fat then try liposuction first

I hope this helps

Dr. Derby Sang

it is hard to tell with the picture you posted. i suggest you to contact or consult a board certified PS and go over your concerns.

Best of luck.

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Tummy Tuck Consultation

Thank you for your question however the photo you've provided isn't helpful. You should book an in-person consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your concerns and find out what your options are.

All the best

Please put your front, side pictures. These pictures are easier to see if they are taking by someone else not close to the camera of the area you are interested only to give you a better answer.

tummy tuck and a vertical abdominoplasty. The appropriate procedure depends the amount and location of the excess skin. That's what your plastic surgeon will have to determine after the actual physical exam.

The recommended BMI is less than 30. This is the recommendation of the American society of plastic surgery. The reason simply, is increased chance of complications. These include but limited to, pulmonary embolus, deep venous thrombosis, delayed wound healing and increase infection rate.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Tummy Tuck and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.

Tummy tuck candidate?

Your photo is not ideal for making a judgement. Given the description of what you want to achieve, a tummy tuck would appear to be the procedure of choice. My best advise would be for you to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to be assessed in person. 

Kindly

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Unfortunately, it is hard to determine whether you are a good candidate or not based on the photograph you have submitted. I would recommend uploaded some more photographs of yourself from different angles (front, side, back etc). I will say, if you are interested in removing fat and excess skin then you may be a better candidate for a brazilian lipoabdominoplasty.This procedure is the combination of liposuction and a traditional tummy tuck. During a tummy tuck I tighten the diastasis rectus muscle which brings in the waist then I cut out the excess skin to achieve overall, a smaller waist with a nice flat abdomen and a thin scar hidden below the bikini line. Then the use of liposuction will help remove any excess fat deposits along with creating a nice, smooth silhouette. I hope this helps!
Good luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,
James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Will I be the right candidate for a tummy tuck?

Thank you for the question; unfortunately, the photograph is not helpful. Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is a patient who presents with "excess" skin/adipose tissue of the abdominal wall usually associated with abdominal wall laxity.  Ideally the patient has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.