Bumpy scar on right eyelid. Any suggestions? (photos)

I had upper eyeli surgery one eye is healing perfect the other the stitching is bumpy and a lump in the start of eyeliner that appears won't be hidden in the crease. Saw nurse yesterday for a review and she said its fine but it doesn't seem right. Will I need revision surgery?

Blepharoplasty scar

It looks like you recently had the surgery and the stitches are still there.  Once these come out or dissolve, your scar will start to flatten and soften.  THey actually look fine now.  You will be healing for up to 6 months, so when you look this good early on you should have no problems.   

Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Silicone gel

Hi Danni. Greetings from the UK! For all my patients undergoing skin blepharoplasty surgery I ask them to apply a silicone gel three times a day for at least three months from 1 week post suture removal. It works wonders. In the U.K, we have dermatix or kelocote. Ask your surgeon  and explain your concerns. I'm pretty sure they won't have any worries about you using this and would want to be informed earlier than later. Gentle massage with silicone gel often stops incisional cysts and early hypertrophic scarring in their tracks! Best wishes and good luck. David

David Cheung, MBChB, Bsc(Hons), FRCOphth
Birmingham Oculoplastic Surgeon

Post-op Blepharoplasty

Thank you for the questions and the photos. You seem to be healing fine after your surgery, but it will take some time for the scars to soften and mature. Be sure to continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon for his/her recommendations.

Benjamin J. Cousins MD 

Benjamin J. Cousins, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon