Are my breasts 'bottoming out'? (photo)

I am 3 months post op and have noticed my implant is sitting lower then my actual breast crease. I do alot of physical exercise and use my chest muscles for exercises like pushups, can this be the cause? Will it help reduce the displacement to stop doing these exercises? I am worried that the implant will continue to drop and the seperation will be more obvious? Is it worth getting another surgery to correct it? Please give any advice and tips!! I am very worries

Are My Breasts Bottoming Out

Currently, its not evident from your photos that you are "Bottoming Out". "Bottoming Out" is the term given to implant #displacement, where the implant drops down below the existing inframammary fold; the natural crease beneath your breast. This may occur when the fold has been released excessively during surgery or may be due to factors of the patient’s collagen and tissue integrity. The implants then sit very low on the chest with a lack of internal support for the implant itself.

It is does appear you may be are experiencing a "double bubble." A "Double Bubble" or “Snoopy” breast develop as a result of the weight of the implant; commonly when a breast lift is not included with a breast augmentation. You currently display signs of it but it's best to confirm such with an in-person one-on-one consultation.  The best technique to address your situation will be discussed then. Typically, it's best to wait 6 to 12 months to undergo a #revision, depending on the reason.

Additional elective cosmetic #surgery is a personal choice. Your procedures should always be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire.

Be advised that each patient is unique and previous results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. Most importantly, communication  and asking questions of your surgeon and the staff are key.

Bottoming out?

Looks like a double bubble deformity. This can most often be corrected with great results, but unfortunately it requires surgery.A smaller implant and revision of the lower pole of the breast is often needed. Textured implants or shaped implants can sometimes have a benefit as well. Discuss your concerns with your doctor and best of luck.

Joel M. Stewart, Jr., MD
Newnan Plastic Surgeon

Are my breasts 'bottoming out'?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery.  It looks like you have "double bubble" and breast implant bottoming appearance after your revisionary surgery. A "double bubble" is a cosmetically undesirable circumstance for patients with breast implants, which occurs when the breast fails to take on the shape of the implant, resulting in the appearance of a visible line showing a separation between the bottom edge of the implant and the bottom edge of the natural breast.  Double bubble "deformities" may be more striking (visible) when breast implants have bottomed out.   There are several options when it comes to revisionary surgery to improve your outcome.  One maneuver that may be helpful is raising the inframammary fold using capsulorraphy techniques. In my practice, this type of repair involves a two layer, permanent suture repair (reconstructing the inframammary fold areas). 
This procedure serves to reconstruct the lower poles of the breasts and prevent migration of the breast implants too far inferiorly.   Sometimes, depending on factors such as quality of skin along the lower breast poles, additional support provided by acellular dermal matrix or biosynthetic mesh may be very helpful. I have also found the use of acellular dermal matrix very helpful in cases where the skin/tissues are very thin and in cases of recurrent breast implant displacement. The acellular dermal matrix helps improve contour, improves irregularities caused by the underlying breast implant and/or scar tissue, and provides additional support ("sling" effect) for the breast implants.   I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.