Breastfeeding after tuberous breast correction? (photos)

As you can see from my photos I had tuberous breast deformity. I am 24yo and got the implants 7 months ago. My surgeon reduced my areolas and put the implants under the muscle. My biggest concern was breastfeeding and my doctor told me I will be able to do it. I don't have any problems but everyone keep saying that I can't breastfeed! Of course this makes me worried. Can I breastfeed in the future? What should I do about this? Thanks a lot.

Congratulations on your breast augmentation and areola reduction!  Regarding the question of breast feeding, that is a difficult question to answer.  There is a subset of women who cannot breast feed even if they didn't have surgery, so it's unknown if you would have even been able to beforehand.  The only real way to know if you are able to breast feed is to try it and see if a baby is able to properly latch or if there is enough milk production.

Dr. Dan Krochmal
MAE Plastic Surgery
Northbrook, IL

Chicago General Surgeon

Breastfeeding and Breast Augmentation

Based upon the procedures used to correct tuberous breast deformity, there is no reason why you should not be able to breast feed.  I agree with your surgeon.

Barry M. Schwartz, MD
Weston Plastic Surgeon