Breast reduction recovery time?

Hey I m going for BR 29 oct I m working in cafe making coffee and cooking sometimes as well..so my question is how long I took time off from work..3 or 6 weeks thanks

Returning to work after breast reduction.

From your description it sounds as though you could return to work in about a week after breast reduction. The important thing is that the breasts are protected from external trauma.

Breast reduction recovery time?

Hi  KP
Three weeks are more than enough if all goes well.You hardly ever need to be off work for 6 weeks.I wish you good luck.

Breast reduction recovery time?

Congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery; this operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform. 
Like every procedure performed, every patient will have a different recovery experience. Some of this experience will depend on the patient's personality/pain threshold etc.
Most patients are “laid up” for a few days and return to light activities within 7 to 10 days. Heavy lifting should be delayed for 4 to 6 weeks.

Breast Reduction

Hi & thank you for your question.

Our patients typically take off 2- 3 weeks from work to recover. After that time you may return to work with a restriction  of no heavy lifting.

Talk with your surgeon about his/her guidelines .

Hope this helps

Recovery time

Hi. You should check with your surgeon, as there are many factors which need to be taken into consideration. Generally for a breast reduction you should be ok to return to work at 3 weeks but no heavy lifting or anything strenuous or exercise other than walking for 6 weeks. All the best for your surgery

Kim Taylor, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction recovery

Every surgeon uses a different technique, and every patient has a little bit of difference with recovery....My patients need 3 days of minimal activity, then I let them do whatever feels comfortable if they keep a tight bra on for the next 6 weeks. I request no hot tubs for at least a month. With nice technique, a surgeon should have patients who can manage their post operative recovery without narcotics. Best wishes!!!

Angela Keen, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Recovery time after BR

I advise my patients to take it easy, with no heavy physical work for 2-3 weeks, depending on how they feel, and assuming that they are healing normally.  There is a lot of tissue rearrangement inthis operation, and it requires time for not just the skin to heal, but also the tissue and breast beneath the skin.  it is best not to rush it.  Listen to your body, and you will know when to return to work

Paul Silverstein, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction recovery time

Three weeks would normally be enough, as long as you don't have to lift heavy weights and do not have any healing problems. Good luck with your upcoming procedure!

Ciro Adamo, PhD, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

10-14 days off work

Hi.  The total recovery until you are back to normal activities such as heavy lifting and exercise is 6 weeks.  Mot people take 2 weeks off work however it is possible to go back earlier at about 10 days.  Hope this helps.  regards