Breast lift and fat injections, 1 or both? (photos)

Hey. I have breastfed to babes over the past 4 years. I have lost volume and now have sagging. My breast are quite small, I'm interested in fat injections but would I also need a breast lift? I'm thinking so, if so what breast lift would be best for my breasts? Minimal scarring would be best but I also want the best result possible. Thanks :)

Volume loss in breasts

Hi Marie

I would advise against fat injections. You would get a much more predictable, simpler and safer result with breast implants. You would only need a lift if you prefer smaller breast size.

Fat injections sound great, but they're not. Sorry.

Regards, Dr Steve Merten, Sydney

Breast lift?

Thanks for sharing your images and story

I don't think you need a breast lift, an augmentation alone will get you the look you desire

I wouldn't recommend fat grafting for augmentation in your case. 

For many reasons but the 2 most important are:

1) cost: you will need multiple operations to achieve the look you are after

2) unpredictability compared to implants.

I hope this helps and good luck

Breast lift with fat injections?

Thank you for asking about your breast lift and fat injections.

• Your photos suggest you don't need a breast lift
  • You can have fat injections but it is essential to understand their limitations -
  • You will get no more than a cup size increase and perhaps less.
  • Results tend to slowly diminish over two years.
  • For a permanent result, have saline or silicone gel implants.
  • For fat injections, plan on two sessions of fat injections and needing possible additional future treatments.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Implants best

You have delfation, not sagging.  I would recommend breast implants.  Fat injections are not going to give you enough volume.  And that's not to say you need to go with large breast implants.  Just a C-cup or so.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

#fatinjection

Hi. It doesnt look like you need a lift at present to me provided you were happy to have enough volume to fill out your skin envelope. My advice would be silicone implants where you have a definite volume inserted. With fat injection it is a less reliable and predictable procedure and often needs to be repeated. 

Regards

Damien 

Lipo-lift

I appreciate your question.

I perform a liposuction breast lift that removes tissue from the areas you don't want such as near the armpit and the lower portion hanging near your stomach. Once I use this to shape the breast I then remove the skin to tighten the breast and create a better shape with nice cleavage. Since I perform this less invasively the recovery time is faster. The size would depend on the proportion with your body versus going for a cup size.

It takes 6 weeks to heal and I wait 12 months before any scar revision.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Breast lift and fat injections, 1 or both?

You could certainly opt for fat transfer as long as you will be content with a maximum of 1 cup size increase.

General Procedure Descriptions

The procedure is done on an outpatient basis under intravenous sedation and local or general anesthesia. As mentioned above there are a variety of techniques for these operations.  Lollipop lift (vertical lift), donut (periareola) lift, Benelli lift, crescent lift, anchor lift  (inverted T ). Most commonly, we prefer the lollipop or donut lift because of the shape, small scars and easier healing. Although the “anchor-shape” or inverted “T” incision is still more popular in the United States, it represents an older technique with extensive scarring and a less optimal result in many cases. These newer techniques are utilized in the vast majority of cases, the rare exception being extremely large breasts. The nipple-areola complex is repositioned higher, the excess skin is removed, and the breast is reshaped in a pleasing contour and in a more normal position.

The crescent lift removes a small amount of skin at the top of the areola. We find that there is very little  lift and the areola becomes oval in shape and distorted with this method.

The Benelli lift as performed by most surgeons is just the donut lift, removing a donut shaped piece of areola and skin then using a #Pursestring or double purse-string suture to tighten the skin.  A true Benelli actually will expose much of the breast through this incision and then the breast itself is shaped and lifted with sutures.  This is a more complex procedure and is often not done as describe by Dr. Benellil.

The insertion of an implant as well, may be advisable to restore superior fullness, which is lost with aging and after pregnancy despite the rest of the breast being overly large.  Fat grafting can be used instead of implants to improve the contours of the breast. This is the #NaturalBreastLIft or #CaliforniaBreastLift