Body Lift - before of after Breast Reduction / Lift and Arm Lift?

I will be having 2 surgery's Body Lift by itself and the others together. If I have the breast reduction/lift and Arms before the body lift will the body lift drag my breast down ?

Body lift and breast reduction/lift + arm lift

Congratulations on your weight loss!  The order of your procedures should depend on what is most important to you.  Having the body lift after the breast reduction/lift + arm lift (brachioplasty) should not negatively impact your breasts.  Most patients move forward with the body lift first since it is such a dramatic improvement.  Best wishes for beautiful results!

Body Lift

Thank you for your question in regards to a body lift. The body lift should not affect your breast lift. Plan what bothers you most to decided which surgery to perform first. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Body Lift Surgery

Please consider a Total Body Lift which addresses all of the body parts in a single safe surgical session. these can include: arms, breasts, abdomen, black, buttocks, pubis, and inner and outer thighs. Please see examples below. 

Arian Mowlavi, MD

The body lift should not affect the breast reduction if done correctly. My patients usually start with what bothers them the most or the one that fits their schedule and recovery time.

Body lift

I most commonly perform the body lift first, because that is usually the biggest operation, and the one with the most significant results. I very rarely perform a breast reduction or lift at the same time, as these operations are working against each other (tummy pulling down, breasts pulling up). 
It depends on your exact motivations & exactly what procedure you want to have done first too. It is definitely possible to switch the order depending on your priorities.  
All the very best with your journey.

Kim Taylor, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Body lift and breast lift or reduction can be done together

Thank you for your question. I generally perform the body lift and the breast lift or reduction together as both procedures are on the trunk and are easily combined.  I prefer not to do the arm lift along with the breast lift because the potential for one to interfere with the other. Most arm lifts on massive weight loss patients are done with an extension down the side of the chest and most breast lifts in these patients extend laterally significantly and these two incisions crossing one another can cause problems. Therefore, I prefer to separate them. Good luck. 

James McMahan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Timing of body lifts

I generally do the body lift first for that reason and cause it it the most dramatic with the highest satisfaction.  I am not sure I have ever seen any data that shows it "pulls the breasts down though "