BA no lift for a natural look? (Photo)

I'm wanting a breast augmentation with a natural looking result. My breasts have very little breast tissue left after pregnancy and breastfeeding, and I want to make them full again. I want some gravity to them and not be perky sitting off my body. Would getting large implants without a lift give me the result I'm wanting?

Breast Implants No Lift

You appear to be starting from a good place. The pictures show some pseudo ptosis but the areolas look like they have not descended so low that they require a lift. I don't think you need large implants either- unless you want them. You have a good amount of your own breast tissue.

I recommend that you meet with a board certified Plastic Surgeon to explain your aesthetic goals. They will examine you and make recommendations.

All the best

In short the answer is yes. You  don't actually have ptosis of the breast where the nipples are too low. Your nipples are in a good position and the problem is that you have really loose lower pole skin (called pseudoptosis).  I think you would be fine with a subglandular implant which is big enough to fill out the skin laxity.  It will not look young and perky but will be natural.

BA no lift for a natural look?

Based on your photos you do not appear to need a lift and can achieve great results with a breast augmentation alone. Speak with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Breast Lift Can Better Support Breast Implants

When asked, #BreastImplants without a #BreastLift is often said to be mistake by many patients who reflect back on their decision. The breasts may appear larger and more droopy with solely implants. They will sag more and sooner, due to the sudden and excess weight. It's also possible for a “Snoopy” breast or double bubble to develop as a result.
Additionally, an implant with lift may be useful to re-position the nipples which may have been affected by ptosis or drooping.
One of the primary intentions of a Breast Lift (#Mastopexy) is to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used especially for breasts which sag or droop (#ptosis). Both procedures can typically be done together in the same surgery.

Best Breast Implants for ME?

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of know words such as “natural” or "D or DD cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link/video, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.  

Wanting a natural look

The larger the implants, in general, the less natural the look.  That being said, it is not an absolute that large implants will result in an unnatural look.  The use of shaped silicone gel implants helps tip the scale towards a more natural look.  The higher the profile, the less natural the look tends to be.  You should consult with an American Board of Plastic Surgery Certified plastic surgeon to discuss you goals and which implant would be best for you.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon