I'm having an augmentation, lift and liposuction of the inner thighs in 9 days, but can I get Sculpture before surgery? (photo)

Can I get sculpsure on my lower abdomen before surgery? I'm 155cms, 62kgs. Quite fit but I've stopped exercising last week due to surgery and being advised not to do any muscle building exercises. I've also had a bilateral hernia 22 years ago, does that affect anything? Thanks in advance!

It is perfectly fine to get sculpsure before your plastic surgery

you should let your PS know. Your PS should have no objection (I am a plastic surgeon and that would not bother me, except that i would want you to get the Sculpsure with me:))

Remember, you should plan on getting a second treatment done 6 weeks later. you appear to be a good candidate for Sculpsure.

good luck with the Sculpsure and your plastic surgery.

david berman md

Sterling Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure is safe

SculpSure before surgery is fine.  Please let your plastic surgeon know your plans however.  There is no down time with SculpSure and it takes 8-12 weeks before you will notice results.

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Sculpsure of the lower abdomen before plastic surgery on the breast and thighs

The sculpsure to another area should be fine. Please remember to hydrate before and after your surgery so the lymph system can be active to remove the fat cells which are destroyed during the Sculpsure. Also, the sculpsure should not be placed over any current hernias, so be sure your prior hernia repairs are intact.

Getting Great Results with Sculpsure, Liposuction, Augmentation, Venus Legacy, Exilis Ultra, Cellutone

I would not recommend sculpsure before liposuction there is really no point.  I suggest doing this and/or vanquish/cellutone after .  Best, Dr. Emer.

SculpSure Before Surgery

I can see no reason why this would not be fine, however I would let your surgeon know your plans prior to the procedure. This would be a great idea to do prior to surgery since your ability to work out post-surgery will be very limited for some time. Two important things to know are as follows: first, you will not see your results from SculpSure for at least six weeks following the procedure, but possibly as much as twelve weeks; that being said, by the time you are able to get back into exercising, your lower abdomen will be looking great and you won't feel like you've missed a step. Second, SculpSure cannot be performed on anyone with an unrepaired hernia - I would just make certain there is no recurrence prior to treatment. 

Dennis Gross, MD

Can be Potentially Complicated

I would absolutely speak to your plastic surgeon about this before having it done. There are no contraindications to doing SculpSure before an augmentation and lift. Having said that, any breast procedure may affect your overall abdominal "layout" and your abdomen may look slightly different afterwards. This means that you may not need as much SculpSure or may need it in different places. Also I would discuss the liposuction of the inner thighs more extensively. Often you can see some loose skin after that and you should know what to expect. The inner thighs may alternatively be treatment with a combination of SculpSure followed by radio-frequency skin tightening. 

SculpSure

SculpSure to your lower abdomen should be fine before your planned surgery. You doctor will check to make the hernias have not recurred in the area to be treated.

Can I get sculpsure on my lower abdomen before surgery?

Thanks for your question. You should consult with your doctor about SculpSure if he has requested that you not do any exercise. SculpSure is very safe, and FDA approved, but in some patients, there is slight swelling and soreness as the fat cells are broken down. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Katz

Bruce E. Katz, MD

SculpSure Safe Prior To Surgery

Yes, you can have your SculpSure done prior to your surgeries. Talk to your plastic surgeon to let them know your treatment plan. While your body is healing from your surgery, continue to massage the SculpSyre treated areas twice a day for 5-10 minutes. and drinks lots of water!