I got a mole removed on my back and it's forever itchy and red. (photo)

I was just wondering why this is?

Keloid Scar Solutions -- Fraxel, 5fu/steroids, pulsed dye/vbeam/yellow laser

It looks like you've developed a keloid scar. Injectable steroids with or without 5-FU, lasers and microneedling/prp would be helpful in your case. I recommend getting a consultation with a scarring expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Keloid scars

Thank you for your question. From your photo, it looks like you developed a keloid scar from the incision of the mole removal. Unfortunately, keloid scars are a risk of any trauma to the skin, and no one can predict its occurrence. There are treatment options available to help the symptoms caused by keloids such as topical steroids or scar gels, intralesional steroid injections, etc. I highly recommend you consult with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to have your scar evaluated and to discuss treatment options that best suit your needs. Take care and good luck.

Reuel Aspacio, MD, FAAD