I feel I look a lot older than my 37 years. Advice on best treatments (fillers, Botox?) (photo)

I had Botox on my forehead for the first time 9 weeks ago and it has worn off significantly, is it too soon for more? What else would you suggest to help? eye area is horrible and I have a pox scar on my forehead, anything else?? Thanks

Botox & Fillers

Thanks for your inquiry. A lot of men and women out there have this same exact issue. The answer is simple. Botox and Fillers are a great way to refresh your look. 9 weeks is about the normal amount of time it takes for Botox or Dysport to wear off - it is not too soon for some more.Fillers are a great solution to fill the volume you've lost over time. Whether it be in your cheeks, nasolabial folds, chin area, or even lips..you can achieve great results with fillers such as Juvederm, Restylane, Perlane, Radiesse, Teosyal, Belotero and Emervel. Results typically last up to 15 months. Best of Luck!! 

Cosmetic treatments in the upper face

Thank you for your question Rach79. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression such as the horizontal lines seen on the forehead when one raises the brows and the crow's feet seen around the eyes seen when one smiles. Fillers such as Restylane can address under eye hollowing. Fractional CO2 lasers can address atrophic scars such as pox scars or acne scars. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Botox and aging face

I looked at your pictures and do see some possible volume loss under the eyes.  A filler such as Juvederm or Voluma may be helpful there to plump up the under eye area so you won't look tired.  As far as repeating the forehead Botox, you certainly can repeat it to freeze your forehead.  It looks like when you are not trying to lift your forehead that it is smooth, so the Botox has definitely helped eleminate wrinkles in the resting state.  Again if you want no ability to make an expression in the forehead then some additional units would help.

Combination treatments are best when it comes to antiaging and refreshing the face

Botox usually lasts 3-4 months in most patients. If you were under-dosed, then the results may wear off sooner. Some patients also just naturally start seeing their Botox results wear off sooner than the normal 3-4 months. With regards to refreshing your appearance, I would probably recommend combination treatment with Botox for dynamic lines on the upper face and fillers for volume loss and static lines on the lower face. You could benefit from a filler injection (Restylane or Belotero) to the tear troughs. I would also consider fillers to the midface and perioral region.

Finally, I would recommend a topical skin care regimen including sunscreen, antioxidant and probably a retinol. Peels and microneedling could help improve your skin texture. Filler could improve the pox scar. See an experienced injector for an in-person consultation.

Botox and Anti-aging

Thanks for your question!  I think you are being a little hard on yourself :)  If you are moving more than you want to on your forehead, getting more Botox injections in that area will help.  Also, you can get Botox injections around the eyes and brows to help give you a little lift and appear more awake.  Fillers can help restore volume in the midface, fill in that pox scar and give you more volume in your lips!  I would also start on a medical grade anti-aging skin care regimen.  Best of luck to you!!

Treatment for aging face

First of all it is not too early to have more Botox. as other treatment suggestions, fillers could be used to soften the smile lines, build up the cheeks and under your eyes as well.  Be sure you see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who is experienced in the treatment of the aging face

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Bang for your buck!

Great questions and thanks for the photo. In my opinion the number one thing that makes people look older is the quality of their skin. Before investing in botox and fillers, I would make sure to be on a good skin care regimen composed of a cleanser, Vitamin A derivative (such as retinol0, and bleaching agent (like hydroquinone or kojic acid) and most importantly a sun screen. It can take 3-6 months for your skin to start looking better. Good luck!

Botox and forehead

I usually have my patients  wait for a full treatment for 3 months. They should be a little more aggressive on the next treatment either increasing the dose or number of areas. You have mild crows feet that would respond to Botox. You also appear to have tear trough under both eyes, where there is a lack "volume". A filler in this area by someone skilled in this region would help, but beware this area is very unforgiving.

Byron A. Long, MD
Marietta Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fillers and Botox

Because of the wrinkles and volume loss of your face, you will need a combination of volume rejuvenation with filler(s) and Botox to prevent the advancement and worsening of your wrinkles.

Charles Fatseas, MD
Franklin Physician

Facial rejuvenation

Hello, and thanks for your question and photos. For optimal rejuvenation, you would probably benefit from a combination of fillers and Botox. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with a well-trained dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.    

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon