Am I a good candidate for FUE Hair Transplant? (Photos)

Hello, i am a 27 year old male of Maori (New Zealand) descent and i'm interested in receiving FUE Hair Transplant. I started thinning out around the crown area when i was 25 and has slowing progressed through to the frontal area. I know it's only early stages but any guidance on the direction and course of action i can take would be much appreciated. Thank you.

BE PATIENT

Hi.

Hair Restoration is  slow process as well as an individualised one. The modality of treatment to be followed depends on the present condition of the hair of the patient, as well as his genetic pattern.

similarly , you seem to be in an early stage of hair loss which is marked by hair thinning. So it would be best if you go for medical treatment first.

Finasteride, minoxidil and multivitamins will benefit you immensely.

Also kindly get your micronutrient levels like ferritin, vit. B12, Vit . D3 checked.

India Physician

Good candidate for FUE Hair

yes although your baldness will continue in the future , you may have HT now...I advise you to have a FUE operation of 3000 grafts  (1500 for frontal area/temple and 1500 for vertex). I determine frontal hair line and debade with you to decide level of new hairline. Hair transplantation would cover all bald spot at vertex in one session of operation and you would have a good, succesfull result . 

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Hair Loss Planning

You will continue to lose hair and seeing hair restoration specialist will help you to explore health, medical and surgical interventions to help slow the progressive loss. If you want to continue wearing your hair as short as in your pictures FUE scars will be visible.

Brian Goertz, MD
Seattle Hair Restoration Surgeon

Good FUE candidate?

Your hair loss at this point seems very mild but there is the possibility that it could progress significantly over the next few years.I would recommend considering Minoxidil(Rogaine) and/or Finasteride(Propecia) to maintain the hair that you have and prevent further loss.You should have an evaluation by a Dermatologist or experienced Hair Resoration surgeon.

David Deutsch, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

Early balding

You might try a course of finasteride for a year and see if the hyair loss reverses before doing a hair transplant

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Candidacy

For now, since you're still pretty young and haven't lost that much hair yet, I would recommend medication to help prevent hair loss. Based on what happens in a few years you can talk to your doctor about getting a transplant. I think it would be best to wait until you have a better idea of the extent to which your hair will continue thinning or balding.

Sean Behnam, MD
Santa Monica Hair Restoration Surgeon

FUE candidate

It is hard to evaluate your condition based on the photos you provided, your coverage value seem to be a bit low. I recommend the usage of Finasteride to prevent further hair loss and to thicken your thinning hair. After using Finasteride in one year and growing your hair a bit longer, your coverage value should be re-evaluated

Afterwards, in order to determine your accurate donor capacity a consultation with an experienced surgeon is necessary which will further give you an accurate estimate of the number of grafts necessary considering your calculated density, hair caliber, coverage value and number of hairs per follicle. If your estimated donor capacity is considered to be sufficient, a surgery may be carried out.  

Koray Erdogan, MD
Istanbul Hair Restoration Surgeon

Photos cannot assess if you would be a "good" candidate for surgery. Usually this involves seeing a doctor in person.

Photos cannot assess if you would be a "good" candidate for surgery.  Usually this involves seeing a doctor in person and understanding what is possible in your particular case.  It also involves understanding what will happen your examination shows that you may go on to lose more hair.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon