8 months post, are my implants too low? (Photos)

I had breast augmentation with 330 cc silicone, texture implants placed under muscle 8 month ago. I was happy with the result only about 2-3 months. I have a feeling that my right implants are too low. The scars are so high from the ceases. I am particularly concerned with my right breast. Im not sure if is because I sleep on my stomach or the bras that i wear. What can I do to solve this problem?

Bottoming out

You are experiencing bottoming out of your implants.  This can be corrected by tightening the lower pocket of your breast implants.  Always see a board certified plastic surgeon.  Best wishes. 

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Consider a revision procedure to address your concerns.

I am very sorry to hear when women are dissatisfied with their augmentation results, however in your case I believe your concerns are legitimate. Based on your photos, it does appear your implants have bottomed out, making you a candidate for breast implant revision surgery. There’s no inherent danger related to implant displacement, however, if you’re this unhappy with your appearance you should consider having a revision procedure. I would strongly advise you to carefully choose a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in revision procedures to properly address your concerns and have a successful revision. Carefully assess his or her qualifications and experience with revision surgery and ask to see before and after photos of former patients.

Lee B. Daniel, MD
Eugene Plastic Surgeon

Bottoming Out

Hello there .The scar below your breasts has 'drifted' out form the chest wall which expands the pocket in the lower pole of the breasts and lets the implants sit a bit low.This can be corrected by reopening the scar and securing it back to the chest wall .
CheersTS

Terrence Scamp, MBBS, FRACS
Gold Coast Plastic Surgeon

8 months post, are my implants too low?

I am sorry to hear about/see the problems you are having after breast augmentation surgery. I think your concerns are appropriate; your breast implants do seem to sit quite low on your chest wall, consistent with breast implant displacement ("bottoming out”). In my experience, most patients who feel that their breast implants are too low tend to be correct: bottoming out is usually found on their physical examination.

It is possible that you are feeling the implants significantly along the lower poles of the breasts. Patients in your situation often complain of discomfort in the area of implant malposition. Also, consistent with the breast implant positioning problem, the nipple areola complexes seem to be sitting relatively high, because the breast implants have settled too low.  Also consistent with the breast implant displacement problem, the infra mammary scars may be more visible on the lower breast mounds.

I think you will benefit from revisionary breast surgery which will likely involve capsulorraphy ( internal suture repair). This procedure serves to reconstruct the lower poles of the breasts and prevent migration of the breast implants too far inferiorly. Associated issues with positioning of nipple/areola complexes and  visibility of scars should improve with this operation.  Make sure that the plastic surgeon who does this procedure for you can demonstrate significant experience with revisionary breast surgery.  I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to corrective surgery for bottoming out concerns), helps.