6 weeks and left breast still a little sore and swollen (Photo)

Pre op i had breast asymmetry but it's been 6 weeks now and my left breast still a little swollen and a little sore. I saw my doctor a week ago and said everything is normal my skin is just tight. I am a bit worried because I don't think they are dropping. Thank you.

6 weeks and left breast still a little sore and swollen

Thank you for your question.   It is not uncommon to continue to have some swelling and/or pain in your breasts 6 weeks post-op.   You will see improvement over the next several months.    It can take 3-6 months for everything to settle down.   Try to be patient and follow your plastic surgeons advice.

You are doing great

You are doing great at this stage of the game. you need to allow at least 3 months or more before judging the final shape. they will continue to get softer for a year. be patient and I believe, you will get an excellent result.
david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. Right now, you are early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

6 Weeks Post Op

I advise my patients that they can expect the "drop & Fluff" between 2-6 months post op. The timing for this can vary depending on anatomy, size of implant etc.  At 6 weeks post op, you still have a significant amount of settling left to wait for.
All the best

6 weeks post op still sore and swollen

Thank you for your question.   It is perfectly normal to have some swelling and soreness at 6 weeks post op.  You will see improvement over the next several months and by about 3 months you should see things start to settle in and start looking much nicer.  It can take a full year before you see your end result.  I know it is hard, but try to be patient and make sure to follow up with your surgeon for regular follow up visits and I'm sure you will have a great result.
Dr. Hisham Seify

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Breast augmentation healing

You are still in the very early stages of recovery. The implants will continue to settle down and the swelling will subside.

Dr. Yegiyants

Sara Yegiyants, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon