4 weeks post op and way too much wide side boob. (Photo)

I am 4 weeks post op, breast augmentation / circumareolar lift, 255cc anatomical, MF, subglandular. Immediately post surgery, with lots of swelling, PS advised side boob would lessen a lot and everything will move inward. It now feels like most of swelling has gone but still sitting too wide based on my frame. 165cm, 120 pounds. Happy with side boob, lack of cleavage not an issue but sitting too far out to sides. Is this normal? Can it be fixed? Am I stuck looking like this?

4 weeks post op and way too much wide side boob.

I have to say that you are still early on healing process, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support. Hugs!

Breast lift with implants

Thank you for your question and photo.  At one month post-op, you are still in the healing process.  Over the next couple months, your breasts should continue to reduce in swelling.  If at about three months you are still dissatisfied, you can consider a pocket revision with your operating surgeon.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Jose M. Soler-Baillo, MD

Too much side boob

Without your preop photos it is hard to evaluate the post op result. The implant you describe is taller than wide and should not make the breast look wider. It is too early to evaluate the result. Be patient. Breast implants need to be placed centered on the breast nipple. If your breast are separated by a side breast bone it can appear to have implants that are wide apart. Good luck

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

I'm sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation/lifting surgery. Still, at four weeks post op, it is too early to evaluate the long-term outcome of the procedure performed.

Some food for thought: a woman's nipple/areola complex must sit in the center of each breast mound.  Therefore, in order to achieve some volume in the cleavage area, some volume in the "side boob" area is also necessary when it comes to achieving an aesthetically pleasing outcome.  Of course, sometimes breast implants can displace laterally (and revisionary breast surgery may be necessary to improve this situation). In your case, I would recommend ongoing patience and continued close follow-up with your plastic surgeon, who will always be in the best position for accurate assessment and advice. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term.