3 years post op breast augmentation and have recently started getting pain and lumps. (photos)

3 years post breast augmentation. I have silicone 475cc under the muscle implants.I have been experiencing pain around the side of left implant under my arm that as been accompanied by throbbing pain in one certain spot which has been so intense that I rub it and have noticed a lump, now noticed all the inner part of breast is lumpy and when I lay on my back I feel like my implant moves more towards my armpit and I can feel the bone and it's almost like the implant moves from breast pocket.

Doctor Answers 7

Follow up needed urgently

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You need to be having at least 18th to 2 yearly checks with your surgeon after breast augmentation and in between anytime there is a change you also need to see your surgeon. You symptoms and a change in shape are suggestive of a possible implant rupture and a check by your doctor and an ultrasound/MRI to exclude rupture are warranted

In person exam required

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
What you are describing sounds like the rib cage having been altered by the implants.  It needs to be examined.

Breast Changes 3 Years Post Op

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question and photos. Sudden changes and pain should be investigated in person. You could have issues with the implant pocket but also changes to your natural breast tissue such as cysts. Imaging for the breasts such as Ultrasound may be ordered.
All the best

3 years post augmentation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The issues you describe warrant a visit to your plastic surgeon for an exam.  He/She may suggest you get additional tests such as a mammogram or ultrasound if the exam isn't sufficient to diagnose the problem.  If you have had a recent mammogram, bring the report along for the surgeon to review.

Implant needs evaluation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thanks for your question and the photos. You might be having symptoms of capsular contracture but that can only be assessed with an exam. The areas that you are feeling could be rippling or the edge of the implant. Best to have your surgeon check it out. Best of Luck!

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I appreciate your question. Please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon

3 years post op breast augmentation and have recently started getting pain and lumps.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hi there, thank you for your question. It sounds as though you have a few concerns. It is best to take this up with your surgeon. An in person examination is required. 

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.