2 Fantastic Surgeons: Different Size Recommendations. (photo)
Doctor Answers 18
Two different size implants advice
Discuss your options with a board certified plastic surgeon
2 diferent opinons
You should choose the board certified plastic surgeon you are most comfortable with. As far as implants, you should not go over the base width (BW) of your breasts. I would advise scheduling a second consult and try on implant sizers to see what size and look you like best.
As always schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.
- Best of luck
Frederick G. Weniger, MD, FACS, MBA
Weniger Plastic Surgery
You might also like...
Best breast volume?
Breast augmentation implant sizing
I hate to do this but I disagree with their management plan.
I would use:
1) Dual plane pocket as you are very lean in the upper pole and going subfascial will lead to implant show. This is particular important with round implants that ripple more than tear drop implants, especially above the muscle
2) I would use moderate plus tear drop implants. Especially seeing you have slight ptosis on the left side.
I hope this helps and doesn't confuse you even more.
The most important opinions are the 2 surgeons you saw not any of us on this forum because we haven't examined you.
There are upper limits in most patients dependent on various measurements. With this in mind, good sizers are often very accurate. Have you tried sizers?
The size ranges you have been quoted are not wildly far apart mind you. At 52kg and 171cm my tendency would be go at the lower range you have been suggested, especially as you are wanting a full but natural look. I would also agree with the round subfascial placement.
I hope this helps.
2 Fantastic Surgeons: Different Size Recommendations.
Breast augmentation - which implant?
- It truly isn't possible to tell you which implant to select.
- You are very slim - and the larger implant may be too much for you...or not.
- I suggest you buy a bra of the kind you want to fill out and return to one of the surgeons for a second fitting with implant sizers.
- If the larger implant is too large for the bra you want to fill out, chances are it will be too large on you.
- Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Implant Size Options
The Allergan Moderate round 310 cc implants are 12 cm wide so I would agree, based on your BWD provided that anything wider wouldn't look proportionate.
My patients find it helpful to try on the implant sizers with a form-fitting T-shirt in order to get an idea of how they will look.
All the best
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.